Lamb casserole recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Lamb casserole recipes
- Lamb and Vegetable Casserole
- Candlebridge Restaurant - A Winter Nights' Lamb Casserole
- Lamb Casserole
- Recent recipes
- View all 8 variations
- 250g Lean lamb fillet
- 25g Butter
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Leek
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- 420g Can chopped tomatoes
- Pinch Mixed dried herbs
- Wash the lamb under the cold running water and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Heat the butter in a casserole dish, and fry lamb until browner all over. Add the carrot and leek and cook for 5mins, then add the stock, chopped tomatoes and herbs. Bring to the boil, cover, then lower the heat and simmer for 30-40mins.
- Serve with rice.
Candlebridge Restaurant - A Winter Nights' Lamb Casserole
Views 488, Added Wed Nov 28 2012
- 2lbs Prime Lamb, cubed to bite size chunks (1')
- MARKET VEGETABLES
- 5 large carrots, washed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 large onions, peeled, halved and quartered
- 6 large potatoes, peeled, halved and quartered
- THE STOCK
- 2 Oxo Beef cubes, crumbled
- 2 Oxo Vegetable cubes, crumbled
- 3 Shakes Dried Parsley
- 2 Shakes Dried Oregano
- 3 Shakes Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Shakes Ground Mild Chilli
- 2 Shakes Ground Paprika
- 3 Shakes Ground Dried Garlic
- 2 Shakes Dried Rosemary
- OILS & LIQUIDS
- 850ml Freshly Boiled Water
- Light Olive Oil
- THE SECRET INGREDIENTS
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons Ground Mixed Spice
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 2 Tablespoons Demerara Brown Sugar
- 1 ¼ Tablespoon Cornflour, sieved
- 01. Right so! You'll need an extra large size casserole dish (make sure it has a lid!)
- 02. Start peeling the onions, halving and quartering them - put them in the casserole dish
- 03. Next peel the carrots, top and tail the ends and cut into chunks - put them in the casserole dish with the onion.
- 04. Take your measuring jug and crumble in the OXO cubes and brown sugar, add 500mls of boiled water and stir.
- 05. Add the stock to the onions and carrots and give it a stir around!
- 06. Add your herbs and spices - At this point - Preheat your oven to 160oC
- 07. Take your frying pan, pour in a little olive oil, salt, pepper and fry the lamb cubes until they're browned on all sides.
- 08. Add the browned lamb to the casserole and give it a little stir around!
- 09. In the same frying pan, fry the potatoes until they are brown and starting to crisp and then pour them (the full contents of the frying pan, the oil, potatoes) into your casserole.
- 10. Give everything a little gentle stir around.
- 11. Finally, take your measuring jug and fill to 350ml freshly boiled water, place a sieve over the jug and gently sieve a tablespoon and quarter of cornflour in and start stirring gently until it nice and cloudy and add to the casserole and stir through with all the lovely vegetables and lamb. Now, put that lid on!
- 12.When your oven is preheated, place your casserole with the lid on in the middle shelf.
- 13. Set your timer for 1hr
- 14. Now when that oven goes "Ding", raise the oven temperature to 180oC and bake for a further 33 mins until the potatoes and and carrots are tender.
- 15. Now, when that oven goes "Ding", this is the time to put the bread in the oven to bake for a period of 12 mins - this is all to do with timing of serving the fresh hot baked bread at the same time with the casserole .. Just start imagining the butter on the bread melting and then dunking it in the beautiful hot spiced gravy ...
- Bon appetite!!
- ** Original Recipe by L. Shannon - The Candlebridge Bakery & Restaurant - 28th November 2012 **
- 600-700g Stewing Lamb
- 60g butter or margarine
- 1 large onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large potato
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup frozen peas
- small tin pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 packet meat soup (oxtail)
- salt and pepper
- 225g Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 90g butter or margarine
- remaining pineapple chunks
- pineapple juice
- Cut lamb into cubes and sprinkle with flour, salt & pepper and brown in the butter/margerine in a heavy casserole. Add cubed onions, carrots and potato. Saute for a while. Add sherry, peas and half the pineapple chunks. Mix the soup mix with 1 and a half cups of hot water and add to casserole. Cover and bake in the oven at 180deg C for one and a half hours.
- For the topping, mix all ingredients to form a soft scone dough using as much pineapple juice as required. The dough should be "sticky".