Leek and potato soup recipes
Our top 3 of 30 Leek and potato soup recipes
- Leek and Potato Soup
- Lauren's Leek and Potato Soup
- Leek, Potato and Blue Cheese Soup
- Most recent
- View all 30 variations
Leek and Potato Soup
by supersarriesViewed 6898 times
- In a large saucepan ,melt the butter and add the leeks,onions ,and garlic.
- Fry gently for a few minutes until softened, but dont allow to brown.
- Remove from heat and add the chopped potatoes, and the hot stock
- Return to heat and bring to the boil.Turn down the heat put a lid on the saucepan and allow to simmer until all the vegatables are very soft.This will be about 30mins.Stir occasionally to prevent the veg sticking to the pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool down enough to be able to blend with a stick blender or food processor. Take care when using a stick blender as soup can spray up.
- Stir in cream and season to taste
- If the soup is too thick ,add more water.
- Return to heat and serve with garnish of chopped chives.
For a change I sometimes add a teaspoon of ready made English mustard to the soup and mix in. Try it in a small bowlfull first, incase you dont like it.
4 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 large leeks white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 small garlic cloves. minced
- 1 Knob of butter for frying
- 550 gm Potatoes. peeled and chopped into chunks
- 700 ml chicken or veg stock hot
- 4 tbsp cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped chives to garnish
Lauren's Leek and Potato Soup
by lauren544Viewed 3615 times
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, leeks and potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes unitl the vegetable soften.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Whizz in a blender or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Serve hot immediately or chill until needed and reheat until piping hot.
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion. sliced
- 225g/8oz Potatoes. cubed
- 2 Leeks. sliced
- 1.2 litres/2 pints Vegetable Stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Leek, Potato and Blue Cheese Soup
by Love BakingViewed 2156 times
- Top and tail the leeks, and remove the outer layer if needed, then chop and rinse them under running water to remove any dirt. Peel the potatoes and chop into small chunks.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped leeks and potatoes, along with the bay leaves. Stir well and turn the heat down to low. Put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add the stock (start with 1 1/2 litres and add more if needed), turn heat up to medium and bring to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes, until the potatoes are soft (time will depend on how big your potato chunks are, and the type of potato you are using).
- Roughly chop the blue cheese.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup. If using, add the creme fraiche or cream, and 1/2 of the cheese. Blend with a stick blender or transfer to a liquidiser. Check seasoning and add more if required (as the cheese is salty, you will probably just need pepper. Nutmeg works well).
- Serve in bowls with the rest of the cheese on top, and another swirl of cream or creme fraiche if you want.
I use Dolcelatte or Stilton, but any blue cheese would work well. This soup can be made in advance and kept in the fridge, then reheated. It also freezes well. The simple soup, without the cheese, and with or without the creme fraiche / cream, is also very good.
- 300 g Leeks
- 250 g Potatoes
- 20 g Butter
- 1 ½ - 2 litres Vegetable stock (made with cube or powder)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 100 g Blue cheese of your choice
- 2 tbsp Creme fraiche or cream (optional)
- To season to taste Freshly ground black pepper (white if you prefer)
- To season to taste Nutmeg (optional)
Cream Of Potato And Leek Soup
by TedwinViewed 152 times
- Take a sauce pan with the butter and leeks and cook until soft then add the stock and potatoes and bring to a boil when just boiling turn down low and simmer for 20mins, then add the bread crumbs and simmer for 15mins more then remove and pour into a liquidizer and make smooth being very careful, then pour back into the sauce pan and bring back to a boil then turn down turn down to a simmer then pour in the cream and salt and pepper to taste and stir in well and simmer for a further 15mins Stirring from time to time after 15mins remove from the heat and let stand for 5mins stir well then serve.
- 3 Leeks sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 600ml Vegetable stock
- 2 Medium potatoes grated
- ½ Cup bread crumbs
- 100ml Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste