Lemon cheesecake recipes
Our top 3 of 21 Lemon cheesecake recipes
- pkt Digestive Biscuits
- tbs Melted Butter
- 500g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp gelatine
- ¼ cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 Lemon Jelly nearly set
- Crush biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Line the bottom of dish with biscuits base
- Make up gelatine
- Mix the cream cheese with the cream and then add the gelatine and the nearly set jelly mix together.
- Put on top of the cooled biscuit base and leave all to set
- 4 oz Shortcrust pastry
- 8 oz bought marzipan
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs.separated
- 1 lemon rind plus juice of it
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- Icing Sugar to dust
- 1. Roll out the pastry and use to line the tin.
- 2. Set oven to warm,Gas Mark 3 or 160C.
- 3. Divide the marzipan in half and roll each half into a 7x7-inch square.
- 4. Place one marzipan square over the pastry in the tin.
- 5. Cream the cheese to soften in a large bowl.Beat in egg yolks,lemon rind and juice,sugar,flour and milk.
- 6. Whisk the egg whites until stiff,then carefully fold into the cheese mixture.Spoon half the mixture over the marzipan base,top this with the second marzipan square,then spoon the remaining mixture on top.
- 7. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 8. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- FOR THE BASE:
- 6 oz digestive or Nice biscuits
- 3 oz butter
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 5 tbsp gelatine
- 3 eggs.separated
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 lemon rind plus juice of it
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- ¼ pt double cream
- TO DECORATE:
- 4 oz strawberries or fruit in season
- 1. Line the sides of the cake tin with a strip of greaseproof.
- 2. Crush the biscuits to crumbs.
- 3. Melt the butter and stir in the crumbs to mix.
- Sprinkle evenly over the base of the tin and press down.
- 4. Chill until firm.
- 5. Spoon the very hot water into a cup.Sprinkle over the gelatine and stir until completely dissolved.Keep warm.
- 6. Put the egg yolks in a large basin.Add the sugar and finely grated lemon rind,then place over a pan of hot water and whisk until frothy and light.Strain the lemon juice into the mixture.
- 7. Remove from heat and whisk the dissolved gelatine into the egg mixture.Sieve the cottage cheese,and add to the whisked egg yolk mixture.
- Mix them well.
- 8. Leave until beginning to set,then whisk the egg whites to soft peaks.Whisk the cream to the same consistency as the egg whites.Fold the egg whites and the cream into the setting lemon mixture and pour the completed mixture into the cake tin.
- Chill in fridge until set.
- Decorate with halved strawberries or prepared fruit of choice.