Lemon cupcakes recipes
Our top 3 of 5 Lemon cupcakes recipes
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- 2 lemons, zested
- 4tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 125g self raising flour
- For the icing:
- 225g Butter
- 400g icing sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1. Beat the sugar,butter and lemon zest using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add 1 egg at a time with a spoonful of flour to prevent curdling.
- 3. Mix in the remaining flour and 2tbsp lemon juice.
- 4. Spoon the mixture in to cupcake cases.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until risen and light golden.
- 6. Leaving for 10 minutes to cool down on a cooling rack.
- 7. To ice the cakes,beat the butter until soft in a large bowl.
- 8. Gradually beat in the icing sugar and lemon juice.
- 9. Finally, spoon the icing over each cake.
Decorate each cupcake with a maraschino cherry, a slice of glazed lemon rind and a fresh mint leaf. You can even sprinkle with demerara sugar if you fancy them a bit sweeter.
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Butter (unsalted)
- 125g Self-Raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Whole Lemon
- 100g Icing Sugar
- 100g Butter (for icing) (optional)
- 100ml Water or Lemon juice (for icing) (optional)
- FOR THE CAKE.
- preheat your oven to 180 C degrees.
- Add caster sugar and the butter and mix together well.
- Add eggs and the zest of the lemon, and stirr in the zest well.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and fold in the flour.
- Spoon into seperate cases or cake tin.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes.
- FOR THE ICING
- Mix icing sugar with butter or water and add some lemon juice, not too much juice as the cakes will taste tart.
- Wait for the cakes to cool and decorate with the ising and other things if you fancy.
- 2 cups Plain Flour (sieved)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence / vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp ground cardamom seeds (elaichi powder)
- ½ lemon - juice + finely grated zest
- ½ tsp Lemon Essence
- few drops yellow food colouring
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ jar Lemon Curd
- 225g butter. softened
- 400g icing sugar. sifted
- ½ lemon - juice
- ½ tsp cardamom seeds (elaichi powder)
- ¼ jar Lemon Curd
- 1. Preheat oven to gas 4/ 180 c / 160 fan. Line your cupcake tin with paper cases.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, vanilla, food colouring, lemon juice, zest & essence and cardamom in a large bowl. Mix at a low speed for a few minutes.
- 3. Add eggs one at a time and then mix at a high speed for approx 3 minutes until the mixture if fluffy and smooth.
- 4. Pour a small amount of the cake mix into the cases – approx 1/3 full.
- 5. Spoon a teaspoon of lemon curd into each case on top of the cake mix. Add more cake mix to make the cakes up to around 2/3 full.
- 6. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes until golden in colour and centres cooked.(check with a skewer if not sure)
- 7. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- 8. When completely cooled, make the butter icing, Whisk together the butter and icing sugar until thick and creamy. Beat in the lemon juice and cardamom. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
- 9. Spoon into an icing bag and pipe over each cupcake. Drizzle on the lemon curd over the top. (if your lemon curd is quite thick you may need to melt slightly to be able to drizzle well) Enjoy!