Lemon meringue pie recipes
Our top 3 of 13 Lemon meringue pie recipes
- THE BASE
- To taste Butter (melted)
- 1 Packet Tennis or Rich Tea Biscuites
- THE FILLING
- 3 Large Eggs Yolks Only
- 1 Tin Condensed Milk
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Lemon Lemon Juice (fresh)
- THE MERINGUE
- Few drops Lemon Essence
- 1.5 Tblsp Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs - whites only
- A. The Base
- 1. Crush the biscuits up fine.
- 2. Melt some butter and mix with the biscuits so the biscuit crumbs are moist.
- 3. Form biscuit mixture into a shallow ovenproof bowl (30 centimeters in diameter) to about 1/2 a centimeter thick.
- 4. Now cook in the oven on moderate temperature until crisp - but not brown.
- B. The Filing
- 1. Beat the condensed milk, salt, lemon juice and some lemon essence together until runny mixture is achieved.
- 2. Separate the yolk from the egg-white and then add the YOLKS only and mix well (keep the egg whites for the meringue mixture).
- 3. Now pour the egg yolks and condensed milk mixture into the bowl on top of the biscuit base. 4. Place back in the oven (160 C)until the tart is firm - about 10 to 20 mins.
- 5. Now take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- C. The Meringue
- 1. Beat the egg whites until frothy slowly adding the caster sugar and lemon essence until firm.
- 2. Scoop the meringue mixture on top of the tart mixture and smooth down to a consistent depth across the top of the pie.
- 3. Now place it back into a cool oven for about 20 mins.
- 4. You will know that the pie is ready as the top of the meringue will start to turn brown.
5 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 eggs
- 110g butter
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g flour
- 1tblsp milk
- FOR THE MERINGUE
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- FOR THE FILLING
- 12 large tsp lemon curd jam
- 1. Cream the butter and sugar
- 2. Add beaten eggs
- 3. Add seived flour slowly
- 4. Add a little milk to soften the mixture about a tablespoon.
- 5. Divide into muffin trays
- 6. Bake at Gas 6 Middle oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7. Whilst cooking beat the egg whites an caster sugar to form a meringue mixture.
- 8. When the muffins are cooked scoop a desert spoon size hole from the top and add a spoon of lemon curd jam
- Top with merignue mix in a swirl and return to oven for 5 to 10 mins
- Voila...... Lemon Meringue Muffins...mmmmmm
- 100g simple short pastry
- 2 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 lemons (finely grated zest and juice)
- 125ml boiling water
- 25g cornflour
- 1. Line 18cm flan tin with pastry, bake blind
- 2. Beat egg yolks with 100g sugar, add lemon juice, grated rind and boiling water
- 3. Bring to the boil and blend in the cornflour mixed to a smooth paste with cold water, bring to the boil, stirring well
- 4. Pour into the cooked flan case
- 5.Whisk egg whites stiffly, gradually beat in remaining sugar
- 6. Spread over the flan and bake until crisp and pale golden brown on Gas mark 2