Lentil soup recipes
Our top 3 of 29 Lentil soup recipes
by evaViewed 8590 times
- Chop up all the veggies. Put everything in a big pan. Bring up to a simmer and cook very gently about one hour, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn't catch. Add more liquid if you think it's needed - but remember this is a main meal and should be very thick.
- Liquidise all or part, or just mash with a potato masher.
- Can also be made in a pressure cooker - 25 minutes at full pressure.
- This is just the basic recipe, so feel free to be creative with ingredients - it's very flexible. I make this often as it uses things I always have in stock and is so incredibly easy.
- I add a little vinegar (balsamic or wine) to my plate, but my better half prefers Worcester sauce (but this would make it non-vegetarian, of course).
6 CommentsAdd comment
- 225 grams orange lentils
- 1 or 2 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 tall tin tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 litre veg stock (marigold or similar)
- 1 teaspoon marmite
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- salt pepper
- 2 onions
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic
by AnnaR1Viewed 11641 times
- 1) Cook onion and green pepper on olive oil, until soft.
- 2) Stir in flour.
- 3) Add tomatoes, carrots, lentils, salt and water.
- 4) Cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 2 hours, stirring from time to time.
- 5) Serve with freshly baked bread.
- 2 cups lentils (no need to pre-soak)
- 1 can tomatoes
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion neatly chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 cups water
- 1 stock cube / 2-3 teaspoons Bouillon
by lyndaViewed 1145 times
- Heat oil and add onions and carrots, cook for 5 mins. Add garlic and curry powder and cook for 1 min more.Add the rest of ingredients and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins. Season and serve hot or can be frozen for up to 3 months
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 5 oz Red lentils
- 1 -2 tsp Curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 5 fl oz Tomato/veg juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 ½ pints veg/chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp dried corriander leaf
- 1 -2 tsp dried mixed herbs
Turkey, Bacon and Lentil Soup
by amelia.walkerViewed 80 times
- • Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the onion and fry until soft.
- • Add the bacon and continue frying for three minutes.
- • Next add the garlic, carrot and celery, then fry for a further minute.
- • Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, bay leaf and lentils, simmer for 10 minutes.
- • When the vegetables are cooked, discard the bay leaf, remove half the soup and liquidise to a smooth consistency.
- • Return the liquidised soup to the pan.
- • Stir in the cooked turkey and heat through, adjusting the consistency of the soup with more stock if necessary.
- 400g canned lentils
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 125g cooked turkey
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 Bacon Rashers. Chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 Carrot Diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf