Our top 3 of 11 Macaroon recipes
- 2 egg whites. stiffly beaten
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 3 oz ground almond
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170 Â°C / 325 Â°F / Gas 3.
- 2. Put the egg whites in a bowl then add the sugar, almonds and vanilla folding them in thoroughly.
- 3. Lay the rice paper on a baking sheet and spoon the mixture on to it in mounds about 2.5 cm (1 inch) across.
- 4. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until set and golden brown.
- 4 Large Egg Whites
- 1 cup White Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Flour
- 3 cups Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- In a double boiler combine the egg whites, sugar, salt stiring continously until warm to the touch.
- Remove from heat add vanilla, flour and coconut. Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- On grease proof lined papered cookie sheets form dough into round balls.
- Bake at 170 degrees C for about 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- 5 Eggs - whites only
- 225g roughly chopped pecans
- pinch salt
- 225g brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 48 split pecans
- 1) Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 375F/ Gas mark 5.
- 2) Line 2 baking sheets with bakewell paper.
- 3) Whisk the egg whites in the mixer with a pinch of salt on a slow speed. Gradually increase the speed. Slowly add the sugar and beat until the eggs are stiff but not dry.
- 4) Add the vanilla essence, and stir in the chopped pecans
- 5) Place a tablespoon of the mixture on to the baking sheet.
- 6) Flatten the biscuits by sitting one pecan half on top of each.
- 7) Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- 8) Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.