Mackerel pate recipes
Our top 3 of 12 Mackerel pate recipes
- Smoked Mackeral & Cranberry Pate
- Mackerel Pate
- Smoked Mackerel pate
- Most recent
- View all 12 variations
Smoked Mackeral & Cranberry Pate
by janenicola1976Viewed 2762 times
- 1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or a large bowl and whiz or mash until blended.
- 2. Spoon into a small serving dish and chill in the fridge.
- 3. Serve with melba toast.
- 225g smoked mackerel fillets, skinned
- 100g soft cream cheese
- 2 tbsp English Provender Wild Cranberry Sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Freshly ground black pepper
by Abs Fab MumViewed 5441 times
- Remove the skin from the mackerel and break into chunks. Place in a food processor with all the other ingredients, apart from the lemon. Process until you have a coarse pâté. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in ramekins with crusty bread as a starter, or on little gem lettuce leaves as a canapé. Sprinkle a bit more paprika on the top for decoration.
- The pâté should keep, covered, in the fridge for up to a week.
- NB the quantities for this are all a bit hit and miss, keep tweaking until you are happy with it. the honey fillets give the pâté a much better taste than the normall fillets.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 packet honey smoked makerel fillets (from Sainsburys)
- 300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp paprika
- lemon wedges to serve
Smoked Mackerel pate
by cfletchViewed 1784 times
- Skin the mackerel and flake. place in a bowl and add the cottage cheese, soured cream and lemon juice. mix thoroughly. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. To serve, sprinke with a touch of cayenne pepper garnish with watercress and serve with wholemeal toast.
- 2 smoked mackerel
- 5 fl ozs soured cream
- 4 ozs cottage cheese
- juice ½ lemon
- to taste salt.pepper.nutmeg
Smoked Mackerel Pate
by Love BakingViewed 5550 times
- Peel the skin off the fish and break up into a bowl, removing any bones that you come across,
- Mash with a fork or with your hands. Add 1 tbsp creme fraiche, the chopped herbs, the juice of about 1/4 of a lemon and 1/2 tsp horseradish, then stir well together. Taste and adjust the amount of creme fraiche, juice and horseradish if needed and / or seasoning.
- Keeps well in the fridge for a few days, covered with cling film or in a box or jar with a lid, so a larger batch can be made and kept.
* e.g. flat leaf parsley, coriander, mint ** I use 'English Provender Company' hot horseradish, which isn't a creamed sauce, and recommend it, but a creamed version would also work, or grated fresh horseradish of course, if you can get it. It goes really well with my beetroot puree.
- 1 Smoked mackerel fillet (approx. 100g)
- 1 - 2 tbsp Creme fraiche
- Handful Chopped fresh herbs*
- ¼ - ½ Lemon - juice
- 1 tsp Horseradish from a jar**
- To taste Black pepper and salt