Millionaires shortbread recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Millionaires shortbread recipes
- Millionaires Shortbread
- Millionaire's Shortbread
- Millionaires' Shortbread
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
- 6oz butter
- 3oz sugar
- 12oz flour
- 16oz dulce de leche(condensed milk)
- 10oz cooking chocolate
- Heat the oven to 180c gas 4.beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy.Add flour and beat until combined.Tip the mixture into a baking tin.Press lightly into tin and prick all over with a fork,chill for 15 mins.Bake for 30- 35 mins until it turns into a pale biscuit colour.Cool in tin.
- Heat condensed milk for 1 min in microwave then pour over the shortbread and smooth with spatula.Allow to set then pour over melted chocolate.Chill in fridge until set and enjoy!!
4 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE SHORTBREAD
- 110g butter. softened
- 70g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 260g flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- FOR THE CARAMEL
- 1 small tin condensed milk
- 130g unsalted butter
- 130g demerara sugar
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 125g milk chocolate
- 1. To make the shortbread, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2. Add the salt and egg yolks, then stir in the flour.
- 3. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and leave to rest in the fridge.
- 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 5. Roll out the dough for 0.5 thick in the tray.
- 6. Chill in the fridge for a another hour.
- 7. Preheat the oven to 160C/ 325F/Gas Mark 3.
- 8. Bake the shortbread until golden brown.
- 9. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin.
- 10. To prepare the caramel:
- 11. Melt the butter, then stir in the demerara sugar.
- 12. Leave to simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 13. Whisk in the condensed milk, then pour it over the cooled shortbread base. Spread out evenly, and set aside to cool completely.
- 14. Break and melt the chocolate.
- 15. Pour the chocolate over the cooled caramel, using the back of a knife. Put the tray in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set.
Why not make mini Millionaires – simply place into a 20cm (8in) and cut into 20 squares, perfect for a picnic or party.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 200g Shortbread biscuits. crushed
- 25g Butter. melted
- 150g Butter
- 150g Dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 200g Milk chocolate. melted
- 1 18cm (7in) square brownie tin. lined with baking parchment
- 1. Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and then lightly press the mixture into the tin to make an even layer. Chill for 20 minutes.
- 2. Place the butter and sugar into a non-stick pan and stir over a medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. To make a golden caramel, add the condensed milk, stirring continuously, until the first bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from the heat as soon as it comes to the boil.
- 3. Spread the caramel evenly over the crumb base and then cool and chill for about half an hour. Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel, smoothing to the edges.
- 4. When the chocolate has hardened a little, cut into squares.