Our top 3 of 19 Moussaka recipes
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1lb / 450g Lean minced Lamb
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1 can / 400g Copped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Large Aubergine
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 tsp English Mustard Powder
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 300ml / ½ pint Low-fat natural Yogurt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas Mark 4
- 2. Dry-fry the onion in a pan until soft.
- 3. Add the garlic and the lamb. Cook quickly until the meat is well sealed.
- 4. Add the thyme, tomatoes and tomato puree. Simmer gently and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Cut the aubergine into thin slices. Place on a non-stick baking tray. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- 6. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- 7. Place alternate layers of the lamb mixture and aubergine in an ovenproof dish.
- 8. Combine the yogurt with the beaten egg and the mustard, season well and pour over the lamb.
- 9. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a crisp green salad.
- 800g lean minced lamb
- 2 onion, chopped
- 500g tomato and basil sauce
- 800g potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 egg, beaten
- 300g Greek yoghurt
- 100g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- 2. Fry the mince and onion in a large saucepan until golden brown. Drain off excess juices.
- 3. Add the sauce and cook for 1 min.
- 4. Arrange half the potatoes in the base of a ovenproof dish,
- top with the mince and then layer the remaining potatoes on top.
- 5. Mix together the egg and yoghurt and pour over the potatoes.
- 6. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for 1 hour until golden brown.
- 1 medium onion. finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic. crushed
- 400g extra lean lamb mince
- 175g mushrooms. finely sliced
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 whole stock cube (vegetable). dissolved in 2/3 cup (150ml) hot water
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (or oregano). chopped
- 1 whole eggplant. thinly sliced
- 400g potato. parboiled. sliced
- 1 whole egg. lightly beaten
- 100g low fat cottage cheese (or low-fat ricotta)
- 150g skim plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 190'C.
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and mince and cook for 5-6 minutes or until brown.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, stock and herbs. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon half mince mixture into a large ovenproof baking dish. Cover with eggplant slices. Spoon over remaining mince. Arrange sliced potatoes on top in an overlapping layer.
- Beat egg, cottage cheese and yoghurt in a bowl until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread over potatoes and bake in oven for 45 minutes or until topping is set and golden brown.
- 4.5 points / 4 serves