Noodle salad recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Noodle salad recipes
- 350g Red cabbage- shredded
- 250g Fresh bean spouts
- 4 Carrots- peeled and shredded
- 12 Radishes, sliced
- 12 spring onions- trimmed and chopped
- 2 Orange peppers-deseeded and chopped
- 100g Stir fry noodles
- 1 l Groundnut or sunflower oil- for frying
- For the Dressing
- 6 tbsp. Duck sauce
- 2 tbsp. Rice wine vinegar, cider or white vinegar may be substitutied
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable or Sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1. mix the red cabbage and carrots together. Stir in the beans spouts, sliced radishes, spring onions and orange peppers.
- 2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok. When the oil is hot add the noodles in batches. remove the fried noodles as they cook, using a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Transfer the noodles to a bowl.
- 3. Fry the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan. This takes about 1-2 minutes and they will burn quickly so keep an eye on them. Remove from pan and transfer to a dish. Set aside.
- 4. Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- 5. Dress the salad and toss with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 6. Just before serving add the crispy noodles.
I usually cook the dry ingredients separately as it is so easy to burn if you are not careful. This is a great recipe for when having guests as all the cooking can be done the night before and stored in tupperware until needed. The dressing can equally be prepared earlier leaving only the shredding of lettuce and assembly to do just before serving!
- SALAD DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar. cider
- 1 cup Sugar. caster
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 heads Chinese Leaf. sliced
- 2 packs Sugar snap peas
- 6 -8 scallions
- 2 bags noodles. sharwoods
- ½ cup Sesame Seeds
- 6 oz Flaked almonds
- 225g Butter (preferably unsalted)
- Melt butter in pan and add:
- Dry noodles(crushed and crumbled but NOT cooked)
- Sesame seeds
- Continue cooking until they are brown but be very careful not to burn.
- Each ingredient can be cooked separately if preferred.
- When finished cooking blot onto paper towel.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well till all sugar dissolved.
- When ready to serve:
- Slice/shred lettuce
- Pour over some dressing and mix through.
- Top with all other ingredients and serve!
- olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped red chilli
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 380 ml skimmed milk
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 250g cubes of tofu
- 200g thin noodles
- 100g sliced snow peas
- 130g beanspouts
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1. Add oil to a pan and heat. Add the onion and cook it for 3 minutes on medium heat
- 2. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and tumeric to the onion and 'stir-fry' for about 30 seconds:
- 3. Slowly and gradually, add the milk and stock to the pan. Conintue to stir to scrape the onion and spices from the bottom of the pan
- 4. Allow the vegetables to boil before reducing the heat slightly. Add the tofu and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes
- 5. Cook the noodles by following the instructions given on the packet instructions. Divide between the 6 bowls.
- 6. Pour the soup over the noodles, ensuring the tofu is spread evenly through the bowls, and finish off the top with snow peas, sprouts and coriander.
- NUTRITIONAL NFORMATION: 355 Calroies, 50g of carbohydrates, 27g of protein, 6g of fat, calcium, iron, zinc