Nut roast recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Nut roast recipes
- NUT ROAST (Vegan)
- Nut Roast with Cranberry and Orange Sauce
- Nut Roast
- Most recent
- View all 6 variations
NUT ROAST (Vegan)
by ariyaViewed 4491 times
- 1. Grind Cashew Nuts.
- 2. Coarsely grate TOFU into the ground nuts.
- 3. Peel and chop finely ONION and GARLIC.
- 4. Grease a loaf tin and line with GREASEPROOF PAPER then reverse the paper so that it is greased on both sides.
- 5. Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees C / 400 degrees F.
- 6. Heat OIL in small pan and saute ONION and GARLIC for a couple of minutes then crumble in VEGETABLE STOCK CUBE stirring all the time.
- 7. Remove from heat, add SOY SAUCE and mix with a fork into tofu and nut mixture.
- 8. Swirl out pan with a tablespoon of water, add to mix, add MIXED HERBS and freshly ground BLACK PEPPER. Check seasoning and add more soy sauce if desired.
- 9. Press into prepared loaf tin, forking lines on the surface for a decorative effect and bake in hot oven for 25 minutes.
- 10. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a serving plate.
*Add 3 dessertspoons ORGANIC OATMEAL to mix. *Can be layered with PUREED CHESTNUT for special occasions. *CLEAR SPOT ORGANIC TOFU is good and packets provide 280g of tofu. *Vary by using SMOKED TOFU. *Can be rolled into balls and baked to make crispy. *Can be seasoned with CURRY PASTE. *Freezes well.
- 1 PKT Plain Tofu
- 8 OZ Ground Cashew Nuts
- 1 SMALL Onion
- 1 CLOVE Garlic
- 1 TABLESPOON Soy Sauce
- 1 DSP Olive Oil
- 1 STOCK CUBE Organic Vegetable
- Black Pepper
- Pinch of Mixed Herbs
Nut Roast with Cranberry and Orange Sauce
by HelgsViewed 9578 times
- 1. Chop the onions and fry.
- 2. Lightly toast the nuts in a moderate oven until golden brown.
- 3. Cool and whiz in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- 4. Combine mixed nuts, onions, breadcrumbs, herbs, grated cheese, marmite, lemon juice, tomatoes and beaten egg.
- 5. Pour mixture into a well greased loaf tin.
- 6. Cook in the oven at 180Ã‚Â°C (gas mark 4, 350Ã‚Â°F)for about 45 mins until firm to touch and golden brown.
- 7. In the meantime, grate the orange peel, cut the orange in half and juice.
- 8. Place the juice and peel into a sauce pan with the cranberry sauce.
- 9. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- 10. Serve over the nut roast with roast potatoes (or mash) and traditional vegetables.
This is a test...
- 4oz (100g) Onions
- 9oz (250g) Chopped mixed nuts
- 1oz (25g) Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Mixed herbs
- 3oz (75g) Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 400g (1 can) Chopped tomatoes drained
- 1 Egg
- 1 Orange
- 1 jar (180g) Cranberry Sauce
by DrMouseViewed 2675 times
- Oven: Pre-heat to 375F, 190C.
- Stew the onion in the oil for about five minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour on top. Stir well. Add the stock or water, stirring all the time. Bring the mixture to the boil, and simmer slowly for two or three minutes. Stir in the nuts, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, herbs and seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a roasting tin/small individual tins. Place the loaf in the tin. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.
- or: freeze in individual tins, uncooked, to cook when needed.
- 1 onion. chopped
- 2 cloves garlic. minced
- 4-6 mushrooms. chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 300 ml stock
- 175g mixed nuts. chopped
- 175g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- oil for frying
by sunnysalViewed 149 times
- 1. Fry chopped onions and mushrooms until browned
- 2. Add nuts and fry until browned and crispy
- 3. Add breadcrumbs and fry until browned and crispy
- 4. Add rosemary
- 5. Add beaten eggs
- 6. Add marmite
- 7. Mix together
- 8. Scoop mixture into a greased 1 lb loaf tin. Flatten with wooden spoon
- 9. Top with sunflower seeds
- 10. Bake in oven at 220 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 11. Cut into slices and serve with leeks and sauteed potatoes
- 1 onion. finely chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms chopped
- 6 oz mixed nuts. chopped
- 4 oz bread (white.brown.wholemeal)
- pinch Rosemary (Fresh)
- 1 tbs Marmite to taste
- 2 eggs. beaten
- 1 tbs sunflower seeds