One pot chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 6 One pot chicken recipes
- One-pot Chicken
- Chicken and Potatoes All in One Pot Dinner
- Chicken in Pots
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
- 1.5 kg Whole chicken
- 1 Onion. sliced
- 400g carrots diced
- 600g Potatoes. peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 1 Vegetable soup mix
- 1. Preheat the over to 180oC. Place the chicken in a large flameproof casserole dish and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, turning frequently to seal as much of the meat as you can. Add the onion, carrots and potatoes.
- 2. Sprinkle over the dried herbs and Worcestershire sauce then pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- 3. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour and then remove the lid. Raise the oven temperature to 200oC and cook for a further 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- 4. Remove from the oven, lift the chicken onto a large serving plate, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest.
- 5. Return the dish with the vegetables to the hob, place on a medium heat, then sprinkle the soup mix over and whisk well. reduce the heat and allow to bubble gently for 5 minutes. Serve.
I don't peel the potatoes and i give avery big pinch of Paprika.
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 4 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2lb Maris Piper Potaoes quartered
- 1 Lemon quartered
- A good pinch paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Few sprigs Fresh Thyme
- I/2 pint Light hot vegetable stock
- Pre heat Oven to Gas mark 6/200c (190 in fan oven).
- Put the chicken, onions, and potatoes and lemons into a large roasting dish. Sprinkle the Paprika, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add oil and combine well with you hands. Then throw in Thyme sprigs.
- Put in the oven and cook for 40-50 mins till chicken and potatoes take on some colour. Give tin a shake half way through if they are sticking. Pour over stock, cover tightly with foil or tight fitting lid.
- Reduce oven temperature to gas mark 4/180c (170c in fan oven) and cook for a further hour till stock has reduced. Serve piping hot with broccoli or cauliflower.
*Besides potatoes you can stew the meat with other vegetables which is better to fry in advance. You can add mushrooms, green beans (beans can be a little boiled), tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, etc.
- 3 pots
- 300g chicken
- 6-8 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1-2 carrots
- some mayonnaise
- some butter
- some salt
- some pepper
- some dill and parsley
- 1. Chicken legs, thighs or wings chop into small pieces or separate meat from bones and cut into pieces. In frying pan heat a little oil and fry pieces of chicken
- 2. Peel the onion into small particles, chop it and fry on some oil
- 3. Peel and dice the potatoes
- 4. Peel the carrots and grate on a coarse grater. Combine potatoes with carrots and add a punch of salt
- 5. In a ceramic pot add layers: roasted onion, roasted meat, a layer of potatoes with carrots, a layer of meat and a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with dill and parsley. After each layer add some salt and pepper. Pour on the top a little oil from roasted chicken, add mayonnaise and place a piece of butter
- 6. Heat the oven to 200-220 °C
- 7. Fill with the boiled water almost to the top, cover with a lip and put in the oven.
- Stew until ready (~1 hour). You can serve the dish in the pot