Orange chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 5 Orange chicken recipes
Asian Orange Chicken
by Paula:)Viewed 2771 times
- 1.To make the sauce first add all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Then remove from the heat and leave to cool for half and hour
- 2.Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces and put in a plastic bag with half the (cooled) sauce and shake! Then leave in the fridge to marinade for 2-3 hours.
- 3.Put the flour, salt, and pepper into a large bowl and then once the chicken has marinated coat all the pieces thoroughly with the seasoned flour.
- 4.Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. then brown the chicken turning after 7-10 mins making sure the chicken is cooked through - white on the inside. Cook portions at a time and when cooked through set aside on a plate.
- Put the remaining sauce into the pan and Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, stir into the sauce. Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 350 ml water
- 30 ml orange juice
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 80 ml rice vinegar
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 5g grated orange zest
- 150g brown sugar
- 10g minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 10g chopped green onion
- 10g red pepper flakes
- 25g cornstarch
- 30 ml water
- 2 boneless. skinless chicken breasts. cut into ½ inch pieces
- 125g all-purpose flour
- to taste salt and pepper
- 45 ml olive oil
by Susan HViewed 2229 times
- Coat chicken breasts in breadcrumbs by coating in cornflour, egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oven to 180oC
- Put oil in frying pan and cook chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Put chicken into oven proof dish and put in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make orange sauce. Squeeze juice from the oranges or use about 150ml of fresh orange juice. Add to a saucepan with the soy sauce, sugar and some orange zest from the orange for decorating (if using).
- Once sugar is dissolved mix in cornflour and water mixture.
- add salt and pepper to taste and simmer until chicken is ready.
- Pour orange sauce over chicken breasts and slice the orange and place on top (if using optional orange for decorating) and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, slice chicken into 4 or 5 pieces each and lay on top of rice and spoon sauce over.
- 2 chicken breasts
- shallow bowlful cornflour
- shallow bowlful breadcrumbs
- 1 egg whisked
- about 4 oranges juiced or 150ml fresh orange juice from carton
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tbls sugar
- 1 tbls cornflour dissolved in 2 tbls cold water
- 1 orange for decorating (optional)
- oil for shallow frying
- salt and pepper
Orange Chicken Wings
by NinaViewed 1489 times
- Thaw the wings if frozen. Twist and cut each wing at its joints.(Use the tiny wing tip for soup stock)
- Put the chicken pieces in a roasting dish or in a plastic bag if you are going to marinate them for 12 hours in a refrigerator.
- Make the marinade by combining all the ingredients. Pour over the chicken pieces.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours turning occasionally
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 35 mins.
- Stir and turn occasionally.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 48 pieces.
- 2 kg chicken Wings
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- quarter cup sherry
- quarter cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tblsps Brown Sugar
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 4 tblsp Tomato Sauce
Orange Chicken Curry
by tracytracyViewed 191 times
- 1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy based saucepan and saute the onion until tender.
- 2. Mix together the flour and curry powder and add to the onion. Cook for a few minutes.Pour in the stock and milk. Gradually bring to the boil, stirring continuously, then add all the remaining ingredients except the coriander.
- 3. Mix well, cover and simmer for 20mins. Stir in the corriander. Serve with rice.
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 25g/1oz plain flour
- 4-5tsp hot curry powder
- 300ml/½pint chicken stock
- 300ml/½pint milk
- 1 medium chicken, roasted and meat removed
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 orange grated rind and juice
- handful of coriander, chopped
- rice, to serve