Orange chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Orange chicken recipes
Asian Orange Chicken
by Paula:)Viewed 2771 times
- 1.To make the sauce first add all the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Then remove from the heat and leave to cool for half and hour
- 2.Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces and put in a plastic bag with half the (cooled) sauce and shake! Then leave in the fridge to marinade for 2-3 hours.
- 3.Put the flour, salt, and pepper into a large bowl and then once the chicken has marinated coat all the pieces thoroughly with the seasoned flour.
- 4.Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. then brown the chicken turning after 7-10 mins making sure the chicken is cooked through - white on the inside. Cook portions at a time and when cooked through set aside on a plate.
- Put the remaining sauce into the pan and Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water, stir into the sauce. Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 350 ml water
- 30 ml orange juice
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 80 ml rice vinegar
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 5g grated orange zest
- 150g brown sugar
- 10g minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 10g chopped green onion
- 10g red pepper flakes
- 25g cornstarch
- 30 ml water
- 2 boneless. skinless chicken breasts. cut into ½ inch pieces
- 125g all-purpose flour
- to taste salt and pepper
- 45 ml olive oil
by Susan RViewed 2229 times
- Coat chicken breasts in breadcrumbs by coating in cornflour, egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oven to 180oC
- Put oil in frying pan and cook chicken on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Put chicken into oven proof dish and put in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make orange sauce. Squeeze juice from the oranges or use about 150ml of fresh orange juice. Add to a saucepan with the soy sauce, sugar and some orange zest from the orange for decorating (if using).
- Once sugar is dissolved mix in cornflour and water mixture.
- add salt and pepper to taste and simmer until chicken is ready.
- Pour orange sauce over chicken breasts and slice the orange and place on top (if using optional orange for decorating) and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, slice chicken into 4 or 5 pieces each and lay on top of rice and spoon sauce over.
- 2 chicken breasts
- shallow bowlful cornflour
- shallow bowlful breadcrumbs
- 1 egg whisked
- about 4 oranges juiced or 150ml fresh orange juice from carton
- 1 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tbls sugar
- 1 tbls cornflour dissolved in 2 tbls cold water
- 1 orange for decorating (optional)
- oil for shallow frying
- salt and pepper
Orange Chicken Wings
by NinaViewed 1489 times
- Thaw the wings if frozen. Twist and cut each wing at its joints.(Use the tiny wing tip for soup stock)
- Put the chicken pieces in a roasting dish or in a plastic bag if you are going to marinate them for 12 hours in a refrigerator.
- Make the marinade by combining all the ingredients. Pour over the chicken pieces.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours turning occasionally
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 35 mins.
- Stir and turn occasionally.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 48 pieces.
- 2 kg chicken Wings
- 1 cup Soy Sauce
- quarter cup sherry
- quarter cup oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tblsps Brown Sugar
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 4 tblsp Tomato Sauce
Orange Chicken with Almonds and Raisins
by emilytownsendViewed 1 times
- Step 1 - Season the chicken and then brown the chicken thighs for 5 mins per side in a hot frying pan with some oil covering the base of the pan
- Step 2 - Put the chicken into a casserole dish a grate the orange rind on top and then cook for 1 hour and 20 mins at 180C.
- Step 3 - While the chicken is cooking roast the almond halves in the oven for 10 mins - turning halfway through
- Step 4- Soak the raisins in the juice from the orange.
- Step 5 -Once the chicken is cooked through, sqeeze the juice from the raisins mix together with the almonds and sprinkle over the chicken. Then heat the orange juice and pour over the chicken.
Serve with mashed potatoes and green veg I added sesame to the almonds and raisin mixture one time which was a nice addition
- 12 chicken thigh pieces
- 2 oz almonds
- 3 oz stoned raisins
- Juice and a little grated rind of 1 orange
- sunflower oil for frying
- salt and pepper