Pea and mint soup recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Pea and mint soup recipes
- Minted Pea and Cucumber Soup
- Summer Pea and Mint Soup
- Minty Pea Soup with Crispy Bacon and Creme Fraiche
- Most recent
- View all 7 variations
Minted Pea and Cucumber Soup
by Pam CanettiViewed 1469 times
- 1 Place the oil in a small saucepan and stir in the onion. cook over low heat until softened.
- 2 Add the potato stock and mint stalks and bring to the boil. Stir in the peas with a pinch of sugar then simmer for 20 mins or until veg have softened.
- 3 Finely dice the cucumber, salt lightly then place in a sieve to drain.
- 4 Allow the soup to cool then remove the mint stalks. Puree in a liquidiser then pass through a sieve.
- 5 Stir in the cucumber, cream and chopped mint. season as required.
- 6 Chill well before serving and garnish with mint leaves
I add mint leaves before I liquidize to make it more Minty and it is really nice served in large tea cups
- 1 tbsn Olive oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 4ozs Floury potato, peeled and grated
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 9 ozs frozen petit pois
- Pinch of sugar
- ½ cucumber
- 3 fl ozs double cream
- 1 tbspns chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
Summer Pea and Mint Soup
by AnnaR1Viewed 4501 times
- 1) Melt the butter and fry the onion, garlic and thyme in a large saucepan until soft
- 2) Reduce the heat and stir in the flour. Cook on a gentle heat until the texture changes
- 3) Add the stock, peas and mint, and gently bring the soup to the boil
- 4) Using a blender, process the mix until smooth. Finish with the cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with mint leaves and serve with fresh, homebaked bread
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 oz (50g) butter
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely crushed
- A few stalks of fresh thyme finely chopped (dried if you have no fresh)
- 2 dessertspoons white flour
- 1.5 pints (900ml) vegetable stock / Bouillon
- 1 lb (approx 450g) frozen garden peas
- fresh mint - pulled off the stalk - as much as you like dependent on your taste
- ½ pint (300ml) single cream (or less whatever your taste)
Minty Pea Soup with Crispy Bacon and Creme Fraiche
by Susan EmeryViewed 1263 times
- 1. Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the chopped garlic and shallots. Cook until soft. Add the peas and cook until defrosted - about 5 mins.
- 2. Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 mins.
- 3. Remove from the heat and add the mint (according to taste) and season with plenty of freshly ground pepper.
- 4. Cook the pancetta or bacon in a non stick pan for about 5 mins until crispy. Dry off with kitchen paper before breaking into pieces.
- 5. Puree the soup using a hand blender or food processor. Return to the pan to bring back to temperature as necessary.
- 6. Serve with a good dollop of creme fraiche with the pancetta or bacon sprinkled on top.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 large shallots finely chopped
- 600g frozen peas
- 700ml good quality vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices pancetta or streaky bacon
- 200g creme fraiche
Pea And Mint Soup
by jnewhouseViewed 248 times
- This simple pea soup takes a few minutes to make and its healthy too! This low fat option is great as a starter, a fab lunch or even just as a great comfort food for sipping infront of the TV. My mother gave me this recipe for when my wife was starting to shift her baby weight. Oh and its filling too!
- Pour some boiling water over the peas (enough to cover them all) and leave for 5 mins, then drain off the water
- Using a blender, mix the peas, stock, nutmeg and herbs until smooth and combined. If the soup is too thick, add more stock.
- Heat in a pan and Season with black pepper when serving.
- 250g frozen peas
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch Freshly picked Mint Leaves
- Pinch ground black pepper