Pea soup recipes
Our top 3 of 14 Pea soup recipes
- Belvoir Fruit Farms Thai Pea Soup
- Pea Soup
- Pea & Roasted Garlic Soup
- Recent recipes
- View all 14 variations
- 1 large onion. finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bashed and halved
- 800ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 3 tblsp belvoir fruit farms organic ginger cordial
- 250g frozen peas
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 spring onions
- 12 chopped coriander
- 1. Fry the onion and garlic in the groundnut oil till translucent. Add the lemongrass and red curry paste and cook for a further three minutes.
- 2. Add the stock and Belvoir Fruit Farms’ ginger cordial and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3. Skim the red oil off the surface and fish out the lemongrass stalks. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour the contents into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
- 5. Just before serving add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice to the mixture.
- 6. Season to taste. Sprinkle a few chopped spring onions and some fresh coriander over each bowl of soup and serve.
- 2 pkts frozen peas
- 2 Leeks. sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1. Pour the oil into a large pan and heat.
- 2. Add the leeks and fry for 2-3 mins.
- 3. Add the peas and then add the chicken stock and cook for 30 mins.
- 4. Zschoosh with a zschoosher
Don't panic if you've only git one garlic in your basket, it'll be fine, just not quite as intense.
- 4 head of garlic
- 2 tabs olive oil
- 50g butter
- 2 onions. peeled and roughly chopped
- 1kg frozen peas
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- TO SERVE
- 55g Creme Fraiche
- 1 tab chives chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180DegC/350DegF/Gas Mark 4.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and roast at 180oC for 40 mins or until soft. Fry the onion in butter and oil for approx 3 mins until soft. Add the frozen peas and coat in the oil and butter mixture. Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Bring the garlic out of the oven and leave to cool for 5 mins ,cut the top off and squeeze the soft roasted garlic into the pea soup, puree roughly. Serve with dollops of crème fraiche and chopped chives.