Pecan pie recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Pecan pie recipes
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 8oz Flour
- 4oz Caster sugar
- 4oz Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- PECAN MIXTURE
- 3oz Butter
- 3oz Light brown sugar
- 250g Pecan nuts.chopped
- 1. For the pastry mix together the butter and flour then add the sugar and then the egg.
- 2. Mix together and put into the fridge for at least 1 hour before use
- 3. Roll out the dough - as thin as you can and then using a glass cut round shapes to go into a baking tray (I use frairy cake paper cases and cut it so the circle goes up the sides)
- 4. Bake for 10 mins on 180C and then leave to cool.
- 5. For the pecan topping dissolve the brown sugar into the butter and then stir in chopped pecans.
- 6. Spoon into the tarts and leave to set.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- FOR THE PASTRY
- 150g (5 ½ oz) plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 100g unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- FOR THE FILLING
- 200g (7oz) 200g (7oz)
- 75g (2 ¾ oz) dried cranberries
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 125g (4 ½ oz) golden syrup
- 3 tbsp Cointreau or Gran Marnier
- 40g (1 ½ oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra-thick cream, clotted cream, ice-cream or pouring cream, to serve
- To make the pastry, place the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor or mixing bowl and blitz or rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 2tbsp of cold water and bind until it just comes together, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Knead very lightly on a floured surface to a smooth dough. Roll out and line a 23-24cm (9-9 1/2in) loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base several times with a fork and chill in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line the chilled pastry case with a piece of greaseproof paper and fill with a layer of baking beans or rice. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and cook for a further 5 minutes until the pastry is just becoming golden.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking the pastry, spread the pecan nut on a baking tray and toast them in the oven. Remove and leave to cool slightly. Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 2-3.
- Roughly chop the cranberries and half the toasted pecans, then mix with the rest of the filling ingredients, including the whole pecans. Pour into the pastry case and then spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the centre is just set. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before serving warm with the extra-thick cream, clotted cream, ice-cream or pouring cream.
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 c.
- 2. Place unbaked pie crust in freezer until ready to bake. Then line pie crust with aluminum foil and pie weights or dried beans. Bake pie shell until set, about 5-6 minutes.
- 3. Remove the foil and weights and bake 2-3 minutes longer until crust is just beginning to brown on the edges.
- 4. Melt butter in saucepan. Remove from heat, mix in sugars and salt with wire whisk until butter is absorbed and mixture is smooth.
- 5. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the golden syrup and vanilla. Strain the mixture at this point to make sure it is perfectly smooth.
- 6. Return to heat, cook and stir constantly with wire whisk until mixture is shiny and hot to the touch. Remove from heat and stir in pecans.
- 7. As soon as the pie shell comes out of the oven, decrease oven temperature to 275 degrees. Pour pecan mixture into hot pie crust.
- 8. Bake at 275 degrees until centre feels set yet soft, when gently pressed, about 50-60 minutes.
- 9. Transfer pie to wire rack and let cool completely, at least 4 hours. Best eaten within 12 hours.