Plain biscuit recipes
Our top 3 of 10 Plain biscuit recipes
11 CommentsAdd comment
- 140g Self raising flour
- 110g Margarine
- 40g Sugar - granulated or caster
- ¼ - ½ tsp Ground ginger
- In mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together until a soft dough is achieved.
- Lightly roll in your hands walnut size pieces of mixture and place on oven tray.
- Flatten slightly with fork and bake for about 20 minutes at 180c - until golden brown in colour.
- Carefully remove and place on wire cooking tray.
- EAT AND ENJOY
You can freeze the dough and bring out some for each time you want to do some decorating of biscuits with your kids as an activity.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 100g Soften unslated butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 200g Plain Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Cream Butter and sugar until creamy and then add vanilla and the egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and then add to butter mixture and make into a dough ball
- Put in a plastic bag in the fridge for an hour.
- Use cutters to make shapes and bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- 110g Butter
- 150g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 60g oats
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 100g caster sugar
- FOR DECORATION
- red icing
- 1. mix the biscuit mioxture into a ball
- 2. Put in a bag and put in the fridge for half an hour
- 3. Roll out into finger shaped biscuits and place 1 almond at the top as a nail
- 4. Cook for 12 mins - 190C
- 5. When cool take off the almond and stick back with goey red icing - I use shop writing icing and make it look like blood is oosing out of the nail