Plain cupcake recipes
Our top 3 of 16 Plain cupcake recipes
- Homemade Cupcakes
- Cupcakes - Aunty Jen Style
- Colourful Cupcakes
- Recent recipes
- View all 16 variations
- 100 grams Cake Flour, Sifted
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 50 grams Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 150 grams Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 16oz Tub Frosting
- To Taste Decorations, and / or Sprinkles
- * 100 grams Cake Flour, Sifted
- * 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- * 50 grams Butter
- * 4 whole Eggs (separated)
- * 150 grams Sugar
- * 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- * 1 container Frosting, 16 Ounce Tub, Or Your Favorite Recipe
- * Optional Decorations, Sprinkles, Etc
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let cool.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until they become white and frothy. Add sugar to the whites, little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
- Next add the egg yolks to the egg white mixture and beat about 5 minutes. After that, add in the dry ingredients, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Now line a cupcake tin or muffin tin with paper cups. Pour batter into cups. Fill to about 2/3 full. Don’t over fill.
- Bake at 180 c degrees for about 25 minutes. Cupcakes are ready when the top springs back when you touch it with your finger.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool before decorating. When the cupcake is cool, spread butter icing on the top of the cupcakes.
- Decorate with flowers. I made them using gum paste. I’ve done this in the photo above.
- Serve and enjoy.
Makes about 12 delicious cupcakes
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 125 g butter. chopped
- 80 g white eating chocolate. chopped
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 240 g icing sugar
- 2 tgsp milk
- vanilla essence
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 170 C
- 2. Stir butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in a small saucepan over a low heat until smooth
- 3. Tranfer mixture to med bowl, cool for 15 mins
- 4. Whisk sifted flours into chocolate mixture and then add egg and a drop of vanilla essence
- 5. Drop 1/4 cup of mixture into lined 12 holed muffin tin
- 6. Bake for about 25 mintues
- 7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on wire rack
- 8. Now ice to your choosing
* When you put the baking tray in the oven, put it in the middle of the oven so it cooks perfectly. * This recipe is a lot easier if the butter is soft. Put the butter in the microwave for about 10 seconds and see if it's soft enough. Don't let it melt though.
8 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 Eggs
- 110g Self-raising flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 110g Butter (soft)
- 110g Sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- 2. Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and start mixing until all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- 3. Use a spoon to fill each cake case about half to two thirds full with cake mixture.
- 4. Place the filled cake cases on a baking tray. A flat tray is fine but if you have a bun tin with cake case holes, all the better.
- 5. Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for 30 mins.
- 6. Put them on a wire rack and let them cool.
- 7. Make icing - any colour(s) you like - and spread evenly over the tops of the cupcakes.
- 8. Before the icing goes hard, sprinkle sprinkles over the top.