Poached pears recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Poached pears recipes
- Pears in Red Wine
- Honey Roast Pears with Orange-blossom and Yoghurt
- Cooked Pears With Spice
- Recent recipes
- View all 8 variations
- YOU WILL NEED
- 8 small firm pears. peeled leaving stalks
- 750 mls Red wine
- 300 grams sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole vanilla pod. sliced open
- ½ medium lemon. zest only
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 30 mls cointreau
- Place the red wine in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer add the cinnamon sticks, vanilla pod, lemon zest, ground cloves and Cointreau and simmer for 5 minutes, then add the pears and sugar.
- Partly cover and simmer over a very low heat for about 1 hour until the pears are tender.
- Carefully remove the pears with a slotted spoon and place in a heatproof serving dish.
- Strain the remaining red wine mixture and return to the saucepan bring to the boil and cook rapidly until it reduces and thickens into a syrup, pour the red wine syrup over the pears.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Honey Roast Pears with Orange-blossom and Yoghurt
Views 183, Added Tue Mar 27 2012
- 100g Honey
- 1 orange. zest and juice
- 1 lemons (finely grated zest and juice)
- 4 Forelle Pears
- 2tsp Orange blossom water
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Simmer the honey, juices, rinds, vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan over a medium heat until reduced to a light syrup (8-10 minutes).
- 2. Place the pears, cut-side up in a roasting pan large enough to fit the pears snugly. Pour over the honey mixture and roast, basting occasionally, until tender and beginning to caramelise (20-25 minutes).
- 3. Remove the pears from pan, stir through the orange-blossom water and serve the pears and syrup with
- 1 Pear
- ½ a Teaspn Cinnamon
- 1.Cut thin pear slices from top to bottom
- 2.Next heat your pan to so you can just feel the heat comeing through and you can also barbeacue them
- 3.Next place your pear slices on to the pan or the bbq
- 4.Then top on cinnamon just dust on wait till slightly golden brown :)