Pork casserole recipes
Our top 3 of 14 Pork casserole recipes
- Pork and Mustard Casserole
- Pork and Creamy Apple Casserole
- Passionfruit Pork Casserole
- Most recent
- View all 14 variations
Pork and Mustard Casserole
by lizziepViewed 1877 times
- Cut the pork into large lumps - slightly bigger than you would put in your mouth.
- Chop the onions roughly. Peel and halve the garlic and cook them in butter in a deep ovenproof dish for 20 mins until pale and golden. Remove from the pan.
- Add the pork to the pan and fry for about 5 mins until the fat turns golden. Return the onions and garlic, add a little salt and a sprinkling of flour then cover with a butter paper and a tight fitting lid.
- Cook at 150 degrees for 1.5 hours.
- Stir in the capers, mustard and lemon juice and return to the oven for 25 mins.
- Serve with the parsley stirred through.
- 450g Belly pork
- 4 Medium sized onions
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 50g Butter
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1tsbp Rinsed capers
- 2tbsp Grainy mustard
- 1 Large lemon
- Chopped parsley
Pork and Creamy Apple Casserole
by kittykat71Viewed 2038 times
- Saute onion in garlic butter,add pork pieces and saute until opaque. Add onion mushrooms and apple then add stock, cider, worcester sauce and seasonings, cook for 3 mins. Pour into ovenproof dish and slow cook at 160 for at least 2.5hrs stirring occasionally then add swirl of cream and allow to cook for further 10mins. If sauce has not thickened to desired consistency mix cornflour with a few drops cold water then pour in and stir into cassserole. Heat for further 5 mins. I like to serve with rice or mashed potato.
- 1 Medium Onion finely chopped
- 1.5lb Pork fillet sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 250g button mushrooms
- 2 dessert apples
- 200ml stock
- 300ml cider
- 1oz garlic butter
- pinch mixed herbs
- pinch all spice(optional)
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- swirl double cream
- few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour (optional)
Passionfruit Pork Casserole
by Susan HViewed 1563 times
- This is a recipe i found in a Rosemary Conley magazine a couple of years ago.
- Put all ingreidients into slow cooker (or casserole dish) and cook for about 4 hours on low or in the oven for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs at about 150 oC.
- Serve with either salad, potatoes or my favourite rice.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 500g lean diced pork
- 1 red onion-finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves-crushed
- 1-2 inches frsh ginger-grated
- 1 chicken oxo cube-crumbled
- 300ml passsata
- 300ml passionfruit juice or mango juice (i used a passionfruit/mango smoothie from supermarket fresh juices section)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- salt and pepper
Pork Casserole With Cumin
by louishotelsViewed 1 times
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Combine pork, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, spices, tomato paste, olive oil, chicken stock and seasoning in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish with tight fitting lid and cook for 90 minutes in oven. Serve with a side salad.
- CHEF'S TIP: A 'tavas' is an earthenware pot. Any type of earthenware pot can be used. You can also substitute the pork for lamp.
- 600g pork loin, cubed
- 300g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g baby onions, peeled
- 200g tomatoes, grated
- 2tsp cumin powder
- 25g tomato paste
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 50ml olive oil
- 100ml chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to taste