Pork pie recipes recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Pork pie recipes recipes
- Pork & Mushroom Pie
- Pork and Apricot Crumble
- Pork, Celery and Apple Pies with Beetroot Salsa
- Recent recipes
- View all
- 750g cubed, cooked pork
- little olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 250g mushrooms
- 1 tbs flour
- 100ml chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- little milk
- 350 g puff pastry
- 1 large chopped onion
- small handful chopped bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/ gas 6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, bacon, garlic & thyme. Cook for a few minutes, then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Add pork and flour and stir well. Mix the cream, stock and lemon juice in a jug and season well. Add to the meat mixture and stir well.
- Roll the pastry out to cover the mixture. Brush with a little milk. Cook for 30 - 40 mins until golden brown.
- 2 handfuls stale breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp parmesan
- 2tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 chopped apricots
- 4 pork chops
- Heat 2tbsp of oil and butter in a pan. Add 2 handfuls of stale breadcrumbs and cook until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and mix with 2tbsp grated Parmesan, 2tbsp chopped parsley and 4 chopped apricots.
- Snip the fat off 4 pork chops and season. Grill for 8-9 mins on each side.
- Spread the apricot mixture over each chop and return to the grill for 1 min, or until golden and bubbling. Serve with greens.
Pork, Celery and Apple Pies with Beetroot Salsa
Views 94, Added Fri Jul 23 2010
- 300g minced pork
- 100g fine diced pancetta
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 stick celerey, finely diced
- 2 sage leaves, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 crisp eating apple, grated
- 375g pack ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- FOR THE SALSA
- 2 crisp apples, cored and finely chopped
- 340g jar sliced beetroot in vinegar, drained and cut into cubes, or fresh
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli deseeded and finely diced
- ½ lime, juice
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3tbsp chopped coriander
- 1tbsp chopped mint
- Dry fry the minced pork with the pancetta and shallots for about 5 minutes, until browned and the onions are beginning to soften. Add the diced celery and sage.
- Season with plenty of salt and black pepper to taste. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool while making the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7. Unroll the pastry onto a well-floured board and cut out 6 x 12cm (4½in) circles using a small bowl or saucer as a guide.
- Place each circle of pastry inside a deep muffin tin and press the pastry against the sides, easing out the pleats of pastry. Stir the crème fraîche and grated apple into the pork mixture, then divide between the pastry cases.
- Re-roll the pastry trimmings and cut out 6 x 7cm (2¾in) pastry circles. Dampen the edges with a little water and turn the dampened side down on top of the pies. Press the edges of the pastry together. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the beetroot salsa, mix all the ingredients together and pack into a little jar or sealed container and serve chilled. Pack the pies into an airtight container alongside an ice pack.