Pork stew recipes recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Pork stew recipes recipes
- Pork & Chourico Stew
- Pork Belly Butterbean Stew
- Pork Stew with Cobblers
- Recent recipes
- View all 4 variations
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 500g Diced Pork
- 1 Chourico
- 1 Large diced onion
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 Tin Tomatoes
- 1 Tin of Kidney Beans
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Bay leaf
- Parsley Chopped
- Salt Pepper
- 500ml Chicken stock
- Fry the chopped onion in a little oil until soft.
- Add the tin tomatoes and cook for about 10m on a low heat.
- Add garlic,bayleaf,parsley, salt and pepper and stir. Let it cook for a further minute.
- Then add the pork and chourico ( thickly sliced ), stir again and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the diced carrots and tin of Kidney beans stir again.
- Add Chicken stock cover the pan and let it cook on a low heat for about 2hr or until pork is nice and soft.
- Check your seasoning and enjoy with a big piece of crusty bread.
- TIP: If you want this dish a little spicy just add chilli powder or buy Kidney beans in chilli. This dish tastes even better the following day so very safe to keep in the fridge overnight. Try to buy the Spanish Chourico a whole one which you can find in all supermarkets. This is a large chourico or about 4 small ones.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1lb Sliced Pork Belly (bone in)
- 50g Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2tsp Sweet paprika
- 2tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 glass Dry white wine
- 1 tin Butter beans
- 1 pint (ish) Water
- 1- Cut the Pork belly into small bite size pieces, cutting away any excess fat and the rind. Cut off the bone, but keep that to cook with the stew (cooks perks later when done!)
- 2- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the garlic, fry for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- 3 - Add the paprika and caraway seeds and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 4- Add the belly pork and cook until browned and sealed all over. Keep an eye on it at this stage, as it can catch. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5- Pour in the glass of wine and cook off the alcohol for a couple of minutes, then add the water, simmer for 1hr 30mins. After that time, add the butterbeans.
- 6- Cook for another 30 (ish) minutes, adding more water if it gets too dry.
- 7- I serve this with my herb potatoes (recipe here: http://www.mydish.co.uk/recipe/1767) or some crusty white bread. Melt in the mouth.
- 5. Ladle into bowls, garnish with parsley and serve with crusty white bread.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 6 pork
- 1 Jar of Tomato sauce
- 2 onion. finely chopped
- 6 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 6 mushrooms
- 250g self raising flour
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 150g greated cheddar cheese
- 100ml milk
- put pork, Tomato sauce, onion, Carrots and mushroom in the pan/slow cooker and wait to cook meanwhile mix self raising flour, mustard powder, cheese and milk (use more milk if needed) together and roll in to flat balls the place on top of stew and put into the oven for last 5-10 mins.