Potato bake recipes
Our top 3 of 10 Potato bake recipes
- ¼ pt water
- 1 beef stock cube (or veg stock depending on preference)
- 2 lb potatoes.peeled and cubed
- 1 lb leeks.trimmed.washed.cut into ½ in thick rings
- 1 onion.peeled and sliced
- salt and pepper
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz margarine
- 2 tsp English-made mustard
- 2 oz jumbo oats
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1. Set oven to moderate,Gas Mark 4/350F/180C.
- 2. Place the water,stock cube,potatoes,leeks and onion in a saucepan.
- Cover,bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile make the topping by softening the cream cheese with the margarine.
- 4. Stir in the mustard,oats and milk.
- 5. Pour the vegetables and liquid into the ovenproof dish.Add pepper and salt and spoon the topping over.
- 6. Cook,covered,for 1 hour or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with green salad.
You may also put sliced mushrooms, cooked bacon or ham in the slices also. To your taste. Basic menu is good.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- POTATOES SWEET POTATO AND ONIONS
- Rosie's Potato bake
- Peel and slice 2 large potatoes and 2 Sweet potatoes, 2 onions medium
- layer in each ingredient order i.e. potatoe,onion,sweet potatoe with a good dollop of thick cream on each layer.
- When layered put cream on top with mixed herbs and top with cheese.
- Bake in a slow over 150 for 1.1/2 hours - 2 hours
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4-6 Good quality large potatoes
- 2 Medium red or white onions
- Small tub Double cream
- 2 knobs Butter
- To taste Salt Pepper
- Lots and lots Wensleydale cheese (4/5oz or 150g)
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks.
- Boil until soft, drain and put aside to cool.
- Cut into slices and place first layer into a medium oven proof dish.
- Peel, slice and gently fry onions in butter and place half on top of potato layer.
- Place 1/3rd of graded cheese (Wensleydale!) on top of onions and continue to layer - potato, onions, cheese.
- Once final layer of potatoes is on top, finish with grated cheese and drizzle over double cream, knob of butter and salt and pepper.
- Bake in medium oven until top is golden brown - DELICIOUS!