Prawn salad recipes
Our top 3 of 17 Prawn salad recipes
- Jubilee Prawn Cocktail Leafy Salad
- Asian Prawn Salad
- Japanese Prawn and Cucumber Salad
- Recent recipes
- View all 17 variations
Jubilee Prawn Cocktail Leafy Salad
Views 375, Added Thu Mar 29 2012
Try replacing the iceberg with shredded round lettuce. Try using tiger prawns and add a little harissa paste to give a spicy flavour. Serve in 4 wine glasses for a classic starter.
- ½ (250g) iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (50g) tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp (50g) low fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce to taste
- 300g cooked peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Toss the iceberg and parsley together and place half in the base of 2 glass serving dishes.
- Mix together the ketchup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces then stir in the prawns.
- Spoon half the prawn mixture into the serving dishes and top with the remaining lettuce. Finish with the remaining prawns and sprinkle with smoked paprika. Serve immediately.
- 100g/4oz mange tout
- 150g/5oz radishes
- 3 spring onions, trimmed
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled
- 8 oz cooked tiger prawns
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. caster sugar
- 125g leafy salad with tatsoi
- 1 Cook the mangetout on boiling water for 1 minute, drain, then rinse in cold water and drain again. Thinly slice the mange tout and place in a bowl. Grate the radishes, thinly slice the spring onions into strips, cut the ginger into matchstick strips.
- 2 Toss together the mange tout, radishes, spring onions and ginger. Add the chilli, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and toss together again. Leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- 3 Add the salad leaves then toss together before serving.
- 1 Medium telegraph cucumber
- 375g (12oz) Cooked king prawns
- ¼ cup (60ml/2fl oz) Rice vinegar
- 1 TBSP Caster sugar
- 1 TBSP Soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 TBSP Sesame seeds, toasted
- 1) Halve the cucumber lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice thinly, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and leave on a plate covered with paper towels for 5 minutes. Gently squeeze the moisture from the cucumber and set aside on more paper towel.
- 2) Peel the prawns, leaving the tails intact. Gently pull out the dark vein from each prawn back, starting at the head end.
- 3) Combine the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger in a large bowl, then stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the prawns and cucumber and refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- 4) Drain the prawn and cucumber mixture in a colander. Divide the salad among the serving plates and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.