Pulled pork recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Pulled pork recipes
- Pulled Pork
- Bbq Pulled Pork
- Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Sandwich with Sweetcorn Relish and Cucumber and Chive Mayo
- Recent recipes
- View all
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2kg Pork shoulder bone in
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1. For the slow-cooked pulled pork: mix together all of the spices and sugar and massage all over pork.
- 2. Drizzle with olive oil and then place the pork in a large zip lock bag and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Mix all of the cooking spray ingredients together and pour into a clean trigger spray container.
- 4. Remove the pork from the fridge and place on a rack on an oven tray, fat side up.
- 5. Place the pork into the oven and cook for 8 hours for 2kg joint, covered with foil after 5 hours, basting every hour with the cooking spray and pan juices, until the pork is extremely tender and pulls easily from the bone when scraped at with a fork.
- 6. Remove the pork from the oven and leave to rest for 15 minutes in a warm place.
- For the cooking spray
- 240 ml water
- 120 ml apple cider vinegar
- 80 ml ketchup
- 4.5-5 kg Pork Shoulder
- A splash Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Cup Water
- A whole lotta Patience
- 1 lot BBQ sauce (see my recipe)
- Grinding Salt
- Grinding Pepper
- How easy (if you have a slow cooker which you can pick up for £20 or so...)
- 1. Heat the oil up in the slow cooker on low for 5 minutes
- 2. Add the pork and salt/pepper
- 3. Pour in the water
- 4. Turn up to high for 1 hour
- 5. Turn down to low for 7-9 hours
- 6. Take out the pork and pull it apart (use a fork as its hot hot hot!!)
- 7. empty the fat and juices out of the slow cooker.
- 8. Add back to the slow cooker and add your favourtie BBQ sauce, as much as you like
- 9. stir in and leave on low for 30 minutes
- 10. Whap it into a bottom oven muffin or roll and serve with american style fries and coleslaw.
Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Sandwich with Sweetcorn Relish and Cucumber and Chive Mayo
Views 919, Added Sun Aug 14 2011
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2kg Pork shoulder
- Garlic salt
- Celery salt
- Mustard powder
- Paprika powder
- Brown sugar
- 300ml Cider
- 250ml Cider vinegar
- 3 cobs Sweetcorn, removed from cob
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 4 Spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 dessert spoon Sugar, white
- 1 dessert spoon Flour
- 100 to 200ml Vegetable stock
- 3 Egg yolks
- 300ml Sunflower oil
- 1 tea spoon Mustard
- Savoy cabbage, shredded
- ½ per person Large sweet potato
- ½ cucumber Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch Chives, chopped
- Mayo and relish can be made in advance or while the pork is cooking.
- 1. Preheat oven to 170c.
- 2. Mix equal quantities of garlic salt, celery salt, mustard powder, paprika and brown sugar (enough to coat pork shoulder well) and rub thoroughly into pork shoulder.
- 3. Place shoulder in baking dish and pour over 300ml of cider and 200ml of cider vinegar. Cover shoulder with parchment/baking paper, cover baking dish in foil and roast for 3 hours.
- 4. Uncover pork and cook for further 45 minutes.
- 5. 'Pull' the pork by sticking a fork in the shoulder and shredding the meat into small pieces with another fork.
- 1. Add egg yolks, pinch of salt and pepper, tea spoon of mustard and table spoon of cider vinegar to mixing bowl/food processor/electric whisk and combine briefly.
- 2. Slowly drip in sunflower oil whisking constantly. Mayo will thicken as oil is whisked in. Once mayo starts coming together start pouring oil in a slow steady stream always whisking continually.
- 3. Once all oil is added. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cider vinegar and then stir in chives and cucumber.
- 4. Refrigerate until needed.
- Alternatively buy ready made mayonnaise and mix in cucumber and chives.
- SWEETCORN RELISH:
- 1. Saute sweetcorn, red pepper and spring onion in a table spoon of butter or oil until slightly softened.
- 2. Add a dessert spoon of flour and cook out for a further minute.
- 3. Stir in 50ml of cider vinegar and dessert spoon of white sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Add 100ml of vegetable stock and cook for a further minute.
- 5. Add more stock if required to make relish slightly runny but still very much holding together.
- 6. Refrigerate until required.
- SWEET POTATO, CABBAGE, SERVING:
- 1. With 25 minutes of pork cooking time remaining, remove mayo and relish from fridge and slice sweet potatoes length wise creating slices for sandwich.
- 2. Coat slices with olive oil and griddle or pan fry until a fork easily passes through potato but they are still slightly firm.
- 3. With 5 minutes of pork cooking time remaining saute savoy cabbage with a little salt and pepper.
- 4. Serve pulled pork on a slice of sweet potato, cover with savoy cabbage and a good drizzle of the cooking liquid then cover with another slice of sweet potato. Serve relish and mayo on the side.