Pumpkin pie recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Pumpkin pie recipes
by Team MyDishViewed 1829 times
- 1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, and flour in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Add eggs and mix well. Add evaporated milk, water, and vanilla and mix well.
- 3. Pour into pastry-lined pie pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes than reduce heat to 350° and bake about 35 minutes longer, or until center is set.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1.5 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Sugar
- 0.5 tsp. Salt
- 1.5 tsp. Ground ginger
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp. All-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Pastry shell (9-inch)
by femmegirlViewed 763 times
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- 2. Use a shop bought sweet crust pastry case, about 9 inch/23 cm diameter and 1½ inches/4 cm deep.
- 3. To make the filling, steam the pumpkin then place in a coarse sieve and press lightly to extract any excess water.
- 4. Then lightly whisk the eggs and extra yolk together in a large bowl.
- 5. Place the sugar, spices and the cream in a pan, bring to simmering point, giving it a whisk to mix everything together. Then pour it over the eggs and whisk it again briefly.
- 6. Now add the pumpkin pureé, still whisking to combine everything thoroughly.
- 7. Pour the filling into your pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes, by which time it will puff up round the edges but still feel slightly wobbly in the centre.
- 8. Remove the pie from the oven and place the tin on a wire cooling rack. Serve chilled (stored loosely covered in foil in the fridge) with some equally chilled créme fraïche, but warm or at room temperature would be fine.
Sweet short crust pastry case (are a packet of ready made sweet short crust pastry with 40g/1½oz crushed pecans mixed in.)
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- sweet short crust pastry case
- 450 g/1lb prepared weight pumpkin flesh, cut into 1in/2.5 cm chunks
- 2 Large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 3 oz/75g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ level tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 10 fl oz/275 ml double cream
Alabama Pumpkin Pie
by JWMCCABEViewed 1360 times
- Pre heat oven 190
- Crush ginger nuts( snaps if you are US) pecans in to a medium powder. Either with a rolling pin inside a plastic bag or a few quick pulses on a food processor. in a bowl add partially melted butter to mixture. Combine until firm, press into a greased 9 inch pan.
- In a separate, bowl, mix pumpkin, salt,ginger, sugar and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Separate egg whites onto separate bowl and beat lightly. Add yolks to to mixture stir in, then add whites. Mix well.
- Pour onto crust..
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean one inch away from the edge.
- Top should move slightly..
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 packs gingernuts
- 4 oz pecans
- 100 grams butter
- 1 large can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 tps salt
- 3 tbl cinnamon
- 1.5 tbl ginger
- 1 cup sugar
Savoury Pumpkin Pie
by Birds EyeViewed 1494 times
- 1. Skin the pumpkin, remove the seeds and dice
- 2. Place in a Microwaveable bowl and cook for approx.10 minutes in a microwave oven
- 3. Mash the pumpkin and allow to drain for at least 1 hour until the flesh is less watery
- 4. Meanwhile, Pre-heat an oven to 200ºC/gas mark 6
- 5. Roll out the pastry and line an 8 inch (20cm) quiche flan dish
- 6. Cook the onion in oil until soft, then add the Birds Eye Garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- 7. Mix the pumpkin with the breadcrumbs and then add the eggs, cheese and Birds Eye Italian Herb Mix
- 8. Bake in an oven for 40 minutes at 200ºC/gas mark 6
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 small pumpkin
- 250g short crust pastry
- 1 medium onion- sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp diced Birds Eye Garlic
- 2 slices bread – made into crumbs
- 3 eggs – beaten
- 100g cheddar cheese – grated
- 3 tbsp Birds Eye Italian Herbs