Our top 3 of 16 Ratatouille recipes
by Frenchie1981Viewed 505 times
- This is really easy!
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 200 C
- 2. Coarsely chop the onion, courgettes, aubergines, peppers and garlic, and put them in an oiled baking tray.
- 3. Roast in the oven for about 30 mins, removing every few minutes to give the ingredients a stir. Dont worry if you get some burned edges, this will add to the charry roasted flavour.
- 4. Add the tinned tomatoes and herbs, mix, and return to the oven for a further 10 mins.
- 5. Serve as a side dish, or add to some plain boiled rice to serve as a mian.
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Aubergines
- 3 Courgettes
- 3 Peppers
- 2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tspn Herbes de Provence
by AnnikkaViewed 2524 times
- Heat the frying pan with the Fry Light low to medium heat.
- In the meantime slice all vegetables.
- Add the onion and aubergine (take the longest), fry for ten minutes, only to soften, not to brown.
- Add the peppers and courgette.
- Fry all for another 15 min. until all vegetables have softened and add the tomato and cook for another 5 min. until all juices have disappeared.
- Add the herbs and salt and pepper to taste
You really should add a tin of chopped toamtoes, I prefer them freshly added at almost the end. Also, the given times will leave your vegetables with a bit of bite left. If you prefer them softer continue cooking.
- SPICES AND HERBS
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon majoram or oregano
- 3 spritzers fry light for Spraying
- 1 Aubergine sliced thinly
- 2 red Peppers sliced
- 1 med Onion
- 1 med Tomato
- 1 courgettes sliced
by barbaracViewed 5141 times
- 1. Sautee Onion and garlic.
- 2. Add tomatoes and then vegetables.
- 3. Gently simmer for 50 mins.
- 4. Add herbs and spice and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- 5. Serve.
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 Courgettes
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1 tin Chopped tomatoes
- Garlic. onion. herbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp Paprika pepper
Roasted Ratatouille with Smoked Cheese Polenta
by The FlexitarianViewed 95 times
- 1. Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- 2. Cut aubergine and courgettes in 1cm dices. Deseed and cut pepper in 3 cm dices. Cut tomatoes in 3cm dices. Cut red onions in 8 wedges. Cut garlic head in half horizontally. Put all the vegetables and herbs in a roasting dish. Toss with the olive oil.
- 3. Put in the oven for 55mins. Check every 15mins to toss vegetables around.
- 4. While it is cooking line 4 ramequins with cling film. Once the polenta is cooked the ramequins will help shape it.
- 5. Once the vegetables are done. Switch off the oven and leave vegetables in it.
- 6. Put the water for the polenta in a pan and heat it up. When the water is boiling add the polenta and stir until it’s cooked (around 5 mins).
- 7. Once the polenta is cooked add the cheese and mix until it is melted and blended in.
- 8. Put the polenta into the prepared ramequins. Press it in and even the tops with a spoon. Leave for a few minute until polenta is hard to the touch.
- 9. Take the roasted ratatouille vegetables out of the oven and season to taste.
- 10. Unmold the polenta on a plate. Remove cling film.
- 11. Remove bay leaves from the roasted ratatouille. For the roasted garlic head you can either remove the two halves entirely out of the dish or press the roasted garlic cloves out and mix them in the ratatouille.
- 12. Arrange roasted ratatouille around the polenta.
- 1 Aubergine
- 2 Courgettes
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 Garlic Head
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Dried Thyme
- 8 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp Polenta
- 700ml Water
- 200g Smoked Cheese
- salt and pepper