Red velvet cupcake recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Red velvet cupcake recipes
- FOR THE CAKE
- 1 egg
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 10g cocoa powder
- 150g self raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tablespoon red food colouring
- FOR THE ICING
- 100g cream cheese
- 20g butter
- 250g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C
- 1. Put all the ingredients into an kitchen mixer and mix on slow until it is smooth and there are no lumps
- 2. Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases
- 3. bake for 20 mins
- 4. Leave on a grid to coll
- To make the icing
- Mix the butter with the cream cheese first.
- Then gradually add in the (sifted)icing sugar mix until completely lump free
- Pipe onto the cupcakes when cupcakes are cold and sprinkle some drinking chocolate powder or if you have it some red sprinkle cupcake dust on top
- 350g Flour
- 300g Sugar
- 1 tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 250 ml Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs, at room temperature
- 375 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. White vinegar
- 25 ml Red food colouring
- 1 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Prepare your choice of baking pan/line muffin tin with cupcake holders.
- 3. Sift the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, mix all the wet ingredients and then add the DRY ingredients to the wet.
- 5. Pour the batter into the molds and bake cupcakes for 18 – 20 mins and the cake for 35 -40 mins.
- 6. Once cool ice with Cream Cheese Icing.
Cook's Note: Frost the cupcakes with a butter knife or pipe it on with a big star tip
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ sugar
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 Large eggs, at room temperature
- 2tbsp red food colouring
- 1tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick to see if it is cooked. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla together until smooth. Add the sugar and on low speed, beat until incorporated. Increase the speed to high and mix until very light and fluffy.
- Garnish with chopped pecans and a fresh raspberry or strawberry.