Rice crispy cake recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Rice crispy cake recipes
- Chocolate Crispies
- Adam's Chocolate Crispie Cakes
- Aunty Gwen's Chocolate Crispie
- Recent recipes
- View all 8 variations
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 Tablespoon Caster sugar
- 1 Oz Butter
- 1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Drinking Chocolate Powder
- Handfuls Rice Crispies
- 1. Put the butter, syrup, drinking choc powder and the sugar in a double saucepan (or in the microwavefor 30 seconds) and melt.
- 2. Mix together into a treacally paste
- 3. Add rice crispies to the consistency you want
- 4. Put into little cake cases and put in the fridge for half an hour - enjoy
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 170 g Plain Chocolate
- 57 g Soft butter
- 2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 + Adult to supervise
- 140 g rice crispies cornflakes or similar
- Melt the chocolate then stir in the syrup & butter. Once well mixed stir in the rice crispies.
- Spoon into fairy cake cakes & refrigerate to set
Although the recipe states butter OR margerine, they taste infinitely better when made with butter and although you can use cooking chocolate on the top, for the full monty, there is nothing to beat Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate spread over the top! This instantly takes me back to my childhood, visits to my Aunty Gwen in her house in Conwy (North Wales) and being spoiled whilst sitting by a roaring fire. This was blissfully in the days before cholestrol. calories and caring about them!
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 6ozs Granulated Sugar
- 4 ozs Butter or Margarine
- 3 ozs Rice Crispies (or other baked rice cereal)
- 6 ozs Chopped Dates
- A large bar of chocolate is good! for the topping
- In a medium sized saucepan gently melt together the sugar and the butter (or margarine) When completely melted, add the dates and, stirring all the time, bring them to a gentle boil.
- Allow to cool for just a few minutes then add the Rice Crispies.
- Spread this mixture into a lined square tin about 8" x 8" Press down into the corners until the top is reasonably flat.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or over hot water and spread over the mixture, making sure that you take it up to the edges.
- With a sharp knife mark into portions (12-14) and allow to cool comletely before serving.