Rice pudding recipes
Our top 3 of 17 Rice pudding recipes
Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
by John H GlenViewed 4940 times
- Put the rice into a greased ovenproof pie dish with one pint of the milk and stir in the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla pod and cook for one hour on 275°f, 140°c, or gas mark 1.
- Mix in the remaining milk and carry on cooking for another hour.
- Stir again and sprinkle with the grated nutmeg if you like cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve just as it is or with cream.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The long slow cooking is essential to form a soft, creamy pudding with a rich golden brown skin.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- YOU WILL NEED
- 2 ½ ounces short grain rice
- 2 pints full cream milk
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 whole vanilla pod. split
- Grated nutmeg (optional)
Mum's Rice Pudding
by Susan HViewed 2798 times
- Heat oven to 170 oC.
- Grease a small to medium size casserole dish.
- Put rice, sugar and milk in. Dot top with butter.
- Put in oven for 1hr.
- Serve with evaporated milk.
- 6tbls Rice (any. but normal long grain is fine)
- 3 tbls granulated sugar
- 1 pint milk
- butter for dotting on top
- TO SERVE
- evaporated milk
by MartyViewed 2534 times
- 1. Wash the rice and put it into a pie-dish with the sugar. Stir in the milk and mix them together.
- 2. Grate a little nutmeg on the top and put the pudding into a warm oven.
- 3. Bring it slowly to boil and cook it gently for from one and a half hours to two hours.
- Note - a good milk pudding should be creamy. Make sure you cook it slowly, giving it plenty of time, otherwise the milk will boil away before the rice has time to soften and swell, and absorb it.
- 3 oz. rice (weigh the rice very accurately)
- 2 pints milk
- 2 oz. sugar
Cardamom Rice Pudding
by lizziepViewed 122 times
- 1. Add cocount milk and rice to a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the rice is tender and the pudding has thickened (about 40 mins). Remove cardamom pods.
- 2. Add the sugar to taste.
- 3. Serve with a drizzle of cream.
- 700ml Coconut milk
- 10 Cracked cardamom pods
- 50g light muscovado
- 100g Pudding rice
- Cream (to drizzle)