Rice pudding recipes
Our top 3 of 17 Rice pudding recipes
The long slow cooking is essential to form a soft, creamy pudding with a rich golden brown skin.
- YOU WILL NEED
- 2 ½ ounces short grain rice
- 2 pints full cream milk
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 whole vanilla pod. split
- Grated nutmeg (optional)
- Put the rice into a greased ovenproof pie dish with one pint of the milk and stir in the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla pod and cook for one hour on 275°f, 140°c, or gas mark 1.
- Mix in the remaining milk and carry on cooking for another hour.
- Stir again and sprinkle with the grated nutmeg if you like cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve just as it is or with cream.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- 6tbls Rice (any. but normal long grain is fine)
- 3 tbls granulated sugar
- 1 pint milk
- butter for dotting on top
- TO SERVE
- evaporated milk
- Heat oven to 170 oC.
- Grease a small to medium size casserole dish.
- Put rice, sugar and milk in. Dot top with butter.
- Put in oven for 1hr.
- Serve with evaporated milk.
- 3 oz. rice (weigh the rice very accurately)
- 2 pints milk
- 2 oz. sugar
- 1. Wash the rice and put it into a pie-dish with the sugar. Stir in the milk and mix them together.
- 2. Grate a little nutmeg on the top and put the pudding into a warm oven.
- 3. Bring it slowly to boil and cook it gently for from one and a half hours to two hours.
- Note - a good milk pudding should be creamy. Make sure you cook it slowly, giving it plenty of time, otherwise the milk will boil away before the rice has time to soften and swell, and absorb it.