Roast lamb recipes
Our top 3 of 29 Roast lamb recipes
- Rosemary Honey Roast Leg Of Lamb
- Roast Stuffed Shoulder Lamb
- Herb-crusted Rack Of Lamb with Roast Butternut Squash with Lemon and Mustard
- Most recent
- View all 29 variations
Rosemary Honey Roast Leg Of Lamb
by the have-a-go cookViewed 10345 times
- 1. Combine honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl.
- 2. Rub into the lamb.
- 3. Cover and leave to marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
- 4. Preheat the oven to 220C.
- 5. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 6. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- 7. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8. Reduce heat to 195C.
- 9. Roast for a further 55-60.
- Keep an eye on lamb because cooking times will vary depending on whether you like well done, medium rare or rare lamb.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- 5 Lbs Leg of Lamb
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 Tbls Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbls Chopped Rosemary
- 3 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- ½ Lemon Lemon Zest
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Roast Stuffed Shoulder Lamb
by Ely EatsViewed 4227 times
- Make up the stuffing using the ingredients specified and stuff lamb. Sew up with darning needle and thick thread. Roast in usual way.
- Make stock with bones.
- When meat is cooked, make gravy.
- Because of rice stuffing, this dish is better served without potatoes, but with two other vegetables, e.g. carrots and a green vegetable.
- Very good served cold with salad.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 boned shoulder of lamb
- 1 clove garlic
- ----- GRAVY
- 2 tsp. flour
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- ½ pt. stock
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- ----- RICE STUFFING
- cut clove garlic
- 3 oz rice
- 2 oz sultanas
- 4 rashers bacon
- 1 lamb's kidney
- ½ level tsp. chopped rosemary
- ½ level tsp. grated lemon rind
- ½ level tsp. salt
- ¼ level tsp. pepper
- 1 egg
- TEST TEST TEST HEADER
Herb-crusted Rack Of Lamb with Roast Butternut Squash with Lemon and Mustard
by Karen LloydViewed 3250 times
- 1. Firstly, make the herb crust. Preheat the oven to 120/C248F/Gas 1. Lay the ciabatta, lemon rind, capers, anchovies, onions and olives on a baking sheet, and place them in the oven to dry out for two hours.
- 2. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until fine breadcrumbs form (about two minutes).
- 3. Preheat the oven to 180C/356F/Gas 4. Season the lamb and then warm a large heavy-based frying pan. Add enough oil to cover the base and seal the lamb on each side with the fat (about two minutes).
- 4. Brush the lamb with mustard so that it is completely covered and then roll it in the herb crust. Place the meat in a shallow baking dish and bake in the oven until medium rare, about 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- 5. Remove from the oven and leave to rest.
- 6. For the butternut squash, heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds, then peel and chop the flesh into even-sized chunks. Place in a bowl and add the garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and half the melted butter.
- 7. Toss the ingredients together then spread out in a roasting pan. Scatter over the thyme leaves and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes until the squash feels tender when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- 8. Scoop the roasted squash into a food processor or blender with the remaining butter, mustard, cream and seasoning. Blend to a smooth purée and serve.
- 9. To serve, cut the lamb racks into cutlets. On each plate, arrange a few cutlets on a bed of vegetable mixture.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE HERB CRUST
- 200g ciabatta, roughly torn
- 40g lemon rind, grated
- 40g capers, rinsed
- 40g anchovies
- 40g onions, roughly chopped
- 40g black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch basil
- FOR THE LAMB
- 2 racks of lamb, 8 bones in each
- for frying vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 2 butternut squash (about 650g/1lb 7oz each)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, zest and juice only
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 100g butter, 70g melted and the rest chilled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 2-3 tbsp. course-grained mustard
- 5 tbsp. double cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Greek Roast Leg Of Lamb (Arni Psito)
by daijohnViewed 171 times
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C
- 1 Mix together garlic,lemon zest,salt & 3-4 grindings of
- black pepper.Rub over lamb & place in roasting tray.
- 2 Place oil & butter in a sauce pan & melt over a low
- heat.Add lemon juice & stock the bring to the boil,then
- pour into roasting tray.
- 4 Place into oven & roast for 20 mins.
- 5 Remove lamb from oven & reduce heat to 180 deg C.
- 6 Add onions,parsley & mushrooms to the roasting tray,
- return to oven & cook for a further 2 hours.
- 7 Serve with sauteed rice & the mushroom & onion mix.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 2.5 kg leg of lamb
- 1-2 garlic cloves. crushed
- 1 tspn lemon zest
- 1 tspn salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 30 grm butter
- 2 tbspn lemon juice
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 onions. chopped
- 200 grm mushrooms. sliced
- 2 tbspns flat leaf parsley. finely chopped