Roast potatoes recipes
Our top 3 of 45 Roast potatoes recipes
by Myrna YoungViewed 9510 times
- Peel the Maris Piper (or fluffy) potatoes and cut each into 2 or 3 piecs. Boil for 10 minutes, drain and put the potatoes back into the pan and shake to dry them off and make them fluffy. This can be done earlier in the day. Pour anout 1/2 inch oil into a roasting pan, put the potatoes in and baste them till they are coated with oil. Bake in a hot oven for about 30 minutes then drain all the oil and put the potatoes back in the pan until they are golden brown and crips (about another 20 or 30 minutes.)
7 CommentsAdd comment
- small amnt Corn or vegetable oil
- 1.5 lbs Maris Piper Potatoes
Roast Potatos Crispy Crunchy Style
by cacoViewed 1049 times
- Boil the potatoes in salted water about 10-12 minutes. Prehat oven to Gas mark 6. In a baking tray pour the oil and leave it in a oven for 5 minutes. add potatoes mix well and now add cous cous and dry hearbs, make sure potatoes gets well coated and roast till golden.
goes down well with the sunday roast, u can also use sweet potatos or add cous cous when roasting the veg. please leave a comment if u use this method, id love to see what u think
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4-5 potatos peeled and cut into chunks or wedges
- 4-5 tbsp oil.i love chilli garlic flavored oil, but u can use any one u like
- mixed dry hearb what ever herbs u prefare
- 3-4 tbsp cous cous
by nicolaViewed 73610 times
- Peel and chop potatoes into chunks (roughly the same size as an average roast potato) place into deep baking tray, sprinkle chopped garlic over the top and cover with kettle boiled water. - Coverage of potatoes around 2 thirds.
- Put 1 teaspoon of english mustard over the potatoes - it doesnt matter about covering all potatoes as it is soaked up with the water. Generously sprinkle olive oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle mixed herbs over the top. Add a touch of salt and pepper and cover tray with kitchen foil.
- Put oven onto 200 and place tray inside. They take roughly 1 hour to make, sometimes a little longer depending how long the water takes to soak into the potatoes. Once the majority of the water is soaked up uncover the tray and leave to cook without foil.
My only tip would be to try these, they are delicious!! They go perfect with pretty much everything - fish, chicken, steak etc etc
13 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 8 Potatoes
- mixed herbs
- olive oil
- English Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves. finely chopped
Herb Roasted Potatoes
by samantha.wilkinsViewed 312 times
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven), 200°C (conventional oven) or gas mark 4.
- Put a baking tray with olive oil into the preheated oven.
- Cover the potatoes in cold, salted water and bring to the boil.
- Cook on a low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain, return to the pan, put the lid on and give the pan a good shake (this should rough up the edges of the potatoes to help make them nice and crispy when roasted).
- Add the thyme, rosemary, garlic, oregano and OXO Chicken Stock Granules and mix well to ensure the potatoes are well covered with stock.
- Carefully remove the baking tray and add the potatoes, carefully coating with the hot oil. Return to the oven and cook for approximately 1 hour, turning them occasionally until they are nicely brown and crisp.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 750g peeled potatoes, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 0.5g dried oregano
- 2 OXO Chicken Stock cubes
- olive oil