Roast potatoes recipes
Our top 3 of 45 Roast potatoes recipes
- Roast Potatoes
- Roast Potatos Crispy Crunchy Style
- Greek Potatoes
- Recent recipes
- View all 45 variations
- small amnt Corn or vegetable oil
- 1.5 lbs Maris Piper Potatoes
- Peel the Maris Piper (or fluffy) potatoes and cut each into 2 or 3 piecs. Boil for 10 minutes, drain and put the potatoes back into the pan and shake to dry them off and make them fluffy. This can be done earlier in the day. Pour anout 1/2 inch oil into a roasting pan, put the potatoes in and baste them till they are coated with oil. Bake in a hot oven for about 30 minutes then drain all the oil and put the potatoes back in the pan until they are golden brown and crips (about another 20 or 30 minutes.)
goes down well with the sunday roast, u can also use sweet potatos or add cous cous when roasting the veg. please leave a comment if u use this method, id love to see what u think
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4-5 potatos peeled and cut into chunks or wedges
- 4-5 tbsp oil.i love chilli garlic flavored oil, but u can use any one u like
- mixed dry hearb what ever herbs u prefare
- 3-4 tbsp cous cous
- Boil the potatoes in salted water about 10-12 minutes. Prehat oven to Gas mark 6. In a baking tray pour the oil and leave it in a oven for 5 minutes. add potatoes mix well and now add cous cous and dry hearbs, make sure potatoes gets well coated and roast till golden.
My only tip would be to try these, they are delicious!! They go perfect with pretty much everything - fish, chicken, steak etc etc
13 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 8 Potatoes
- mixed herbs
- olive oil
- English Mustard
- 2 garlic cloves. finely chopped
- Peel and chop potatoes into chunks (roughly the same size as an average roast potato) place into deep baking tray, sprinkle chopped garlic over the top and cover with kettle boiled water. - Coverage of potatoes around 2 thirds.
- Put 1 teaspoon of english mustard over the potatoes - it doesnt matter about covering all potatoes as it is soaked up with the water. Generously sprinkle olive oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle mixed herbs over the top. Add a touch of salt and pepper and cover tray with kitchen foil.
- Put oven onto 200 and place tray inside. They take roughly 1 hour to make, sometimes a little longer depending how long the water takes to soak into the potatoes. Once the majority of the water is soaked up uncover the tray and leave to cook without foil.