Roast turkey recipes
Our top 3 of 10 Roast turkey recipes
- Lemon Roast Turkey with Hazelnut & Fig Stuffing
- Apple Glazed Turkey
- Basil, Lemon Turkey Crown
- Recent recipes
- View all 10 variations
Can prepare the stuffing the day before Once cooked leave the Turkey to rest for 10 - 15 mins before carving.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 6-8 kg whole turkey
- 1 lemon. cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 120g butter. melted
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- HAZELNUT & FIG STUFFING
- 60g butter
- 1 onion. coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves. finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g coarsely chopped dried figs
- 100g chopped fresh parsley
- 50g coarsely chopped dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 8-10g finely grated lemon rind
- 1.To make the hazelnut & fig stuffing, fry the onions until soft and tender. Add in the garlic and then take out to cool.
- 2. Lightly toast the bread and crumble into breadcrumbs - add to the onions and garlic mix and then add in the figs, parsley, lemon and hazlenut
- 7.Preheat oven to 180C.
- 8.To prepare the Turkey first remove excess fat, giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Wipe inside and out with paper towel.
- 9.Loosely fill the Turkey with the stuffing and to keep it from falling out tie the legs together.
- 10. Put lemon slices and some knobs of butter together with the rosemary under the skin of the Turkey - keeps the meat moist.
- 10.Add a cup of water to a large roasting pan. Place the turkey, breast-side up, on a wire rack in the pan and cover the pan with foil. Roast, basting with remaining butter, every 30 minutes, for 2 1/2 hours.
- 11.Remove foil for the last 45 mins of roasting and then
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 6-8 kg Turkey
- 1 cup Apple jelly
- 1 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp. Ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 Onions. sliced
- 1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. arrange the sliced onions on the bottom of the pan and place the turkey on top.
- 2. Roast the turkey until the skin is browned, about 3-3 1/2 hours. Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and Continue to roast about a half hour more.
- 3. In a small pot, melt apple jelly. Stir in cinnamon and pepper to mix. Brush turkey with apple glaze and grill it for couple of minutes while you keep brushing with the the apple glaze.
- 4. Remove turkey from oven, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest 30 minutes before serving.
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 large Turkey
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- Very Large ''Fresh'' Turkey crown, rub sea salt and paprika on the skin.
- Pierce the layer between the skin and the body, so the skin is separated from the body but not broken. Place aside. In a separate dish mix softened butter, basil and the zest of one whole lemon.
- Mix ingredients until fully combined.
- Spread butter mixture underneath the skin , either with your hands, gently rub all over the body of the crown. Place in preheated 220 oven for 3.5 to 4 hours( depending upon how crispy you prefer!)