Roast vegetables recipes
Our top 3 of 53 Roast vegetables recipes
- Basil Roasted Tomatoes
- Candlebridge Soup Kitchen Seductive Roasted Mixed Peppers Melody
- Carrots Roasted with Oregano and Garlic
- Recent recipes
- View all 53 variations
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2kg Tomatoes
- Salt freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for brushing
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- Heat oven to 150deg C. Place baking sheet onto large oven tray and brush paper with olive oil. Cut tomatoes in half and place cut side up on baking paper. Brush tomatoes with olive oil sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper and Basil.
- Place tray in oven and cook 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on your oven and size of tomatoes. Keep an eye on them as they cook and when they start to brown a little around the edges turn oven off and leave them to cool in oven.
- Place tomatoes into jars and cover with olive oil. Pop into fridge ready to eat.
- Works well as a snack or side dish.
Candlebridge Soup Kitchen Seductive Roasted Mixed Peppers Melody
Views 4045, Added Tue Nov 24 2009
This is a beautiful side dish that compliments the Sunday Roast wonderfully. The hot olive oil simply bathes each of the vegetables and the flavours of the garlic marrying the herbs is just incredible... Each mouthful is seductive! It's important to add a little herbs and garlic rather than too much because you can always add. A great tip I find which one can apply to baking is that: if you can smell all the flavours, spices in their natural form (before cooking) then you know you got the right amount of flavours, so you stop while you're ahead! I find this is a great way to enjoy the yellow pepper which sometimes doesn't always find it's way into our culinary dishes as it should, roasting these beautiful and colorful peppers only enhances the natural sweetness that they have and please include them!! So make sure you use the lovely red, orange, green, yellow peppers that are widely available in your local supermarkets! Best wishes from The Candlebridge Bakery & Soup Kitchen, Ireland.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- FRESH VEGETABLES
- 1 Bag Mixed Whole Peppers. Red. Green and Yellow!
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Light Olive Oil
- 2 .Large Peeled Potatoes
- 0.5 Teaspoon Crushed Chili Peppers
- **PREHEAT your oven to 180 Celsius
- 1. Using a good quality light olive oil, pour some into a medium size basting tray, and swirl it around, coat the base and sides.
- 2. Shake on the salt and black pepper and let it just settle there for a little bit..
- 3. Chop up the mixed peppers into large bite size pieces and transfer them to the dish.
- 4. Now take the large onion and chop it coarsely.
- 5. We want chunks of onion and pieces of onion, so you can be varied in your skill of cutting onions and add to the dish.
- 6. Finally, take your peeled potatoes and cut them into large chip sizes and then dice them into bite size pieces and add them to the peppers and onions.
- 7. Now's the time to stir all these lovely fresh ingredients around and make sure every little vegetable is coated in the olive oil.
- 8. Add the Parsley, Crushed Chili Peppers, Sage and Oregano and make sure it covers the vegetables.
- 9. Now add the garlic and stir through the vegetables, shake some more salt and black pepper over the dish.
- 10. Finally, take some olive oil and drizzle it over the vegetables and do not stir!
- 11. Place on the middle shelf of your oven and leave for about 20-22 minutes until peppers are nice and tender.
- 12. Remove from oven and serve immediately, piping hot!!
- *This is an original recipe by L.Shannon, The Candlebridge Soup Kitchen, Ireland, 2009 Recipe*
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- 10 to 12 small carrots
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 180 C. Wash and scrape the carrots. Trim and cut the carrots in half lengthwise. Place in a roast pan. Add the oregano, garlic, vinegar, olive oil and salt. Give the contents several good grinds of pepper. Toss thoroughly. Place the roast pan in the oven and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the carrots curl slightly and go brown at the edges. Remove and serve.