Rocky road recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Rocky road recipes
Coffee Rocky Road
by Douwe EgbertsViewed 151 times
- 1) In a pan heat the butter, chocolate, golden syrup and coffee.
- 2) Once fully melted take off the heat and fold in the biscuits, marshmallows and cherries.
- 3) Line a 23cm square tin with baking parchment paper.
- 4) Spoon cooled mixture into the tin, pushing out to the edges and place in the fridge to chill.
- 5) Once cold cut into fingers or squares with a dampened knife.
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Douwe Egberts Pure Gold dissolved in 3 tbsp hot water
- 300g Milk or plain chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Golden syrup
- 200g Rich tea or digestive biscuits, broken in a freezer bag with a rolling pin
- 100g Mini marsh mallows
- 50g Glaće cherries halved , optional
- To vary, add 50g shelled nuts like pecans, walnuts, hazel nuts rather than cherries
by Kitchen AngelViewed 7491 times
- 1. Line a cake tin, square is best (18cm)
- with non stick baking or silicone paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- 2.Combine marshmallows, toasted almonds and dried cranberries in a bowl.
- Either place chocolate in a heatproof bowl , microwave for 2 minutes and stir
- OR: place chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water -DO NOT LET THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWL TOUCH THE HOT WATER!!! -
- - also, be very careful lifting the bowl from the hot water as steam cam burn...these are simple precautions in case children are making this.
- Pour cooled, melted chocolate over other ingredients and stir to coat everything with chocolate.
- 4. Spoon mix into prepared tin scrapiing bowl with spatula.
- 5. leave to set for at least 2 hours, and cut by lifting out paper with the rocky road on it, place on board and cut into 36 squares.
- 180 gms marshmallows
- 70 gm slivered almonds
- 375 gms dark chocolate
- ½ cup cranberries
by sugarkateViewed 5658 times
- 1. Put the chocolate in a glass bowl and stand the bowl over some hot water in a pot, so the bowl fits the pot without falling in.
- 2. Stir with a wooden spoon, being careful not to boil the water, it just need to be hot. When it's melted put it aside to cool down.
- 3. Chop all the other ingredients up, keeping everything quite chunky.
- 4. Add all the ingredients to the chocolate and stir just enough to coat in chocolate, then tip out onto a piece of baking paper whis on a tray or a plate.
- 5. Flatten the mix out to about 3 cm high, then place in the fridge to set. When cold and set, cut into squares.
* A good gift idea is to cut into bars and wrap in colourful cellophane. Twist the ends like sweets and tie a ribbon on the two tied ends.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 250g Milk or dark chocolate melts
- 100g Large marshmallows
- ¼ cup Nuts
- ¼ cup Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Fruit jubes
by May Yaqub Viewed 83 times
- 1. Grab a 24cm square tin , if you want to line with baking paper to make it easier to remove , feel free. Set aside the pan for later.
- 2. Don't weigh the biscuits out whilst they are still whole , bung a few in a sandwich bag and seal , simply bash with a rolling pin until you get a biscuit rubble - keeping some fairly sized chunks for the crunch.
- 3. Now you weigh out the biscuits , weigh the sultanas and marshmallows out and you keep the biscuits and fruit in a medium sized bowl ready for the chocolate and butter.
- 4. Melt the chocolate and butter together , either over a double boiler or in the microwave . Once everything is melted together pour over the biscuit and fruit , mix together. It might look like there's not enough chocolate , but there is! Just bare with it.
- 5. Pour the chocolately mix into your tin and put in the fridge for around 2 hours , if you can wait - leave over night.
- Once the rocky road has set cut in to slices , serve and enjoy!
If you don't have cup measures , here are the weights in grams. 165 grams of sultanas. 200 grams of milk chocolate chips 100 grams of dark chocolate chips 140 grams of digestive biscuits 35g butter
- 1 cup Mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup Digestive biscuits
- 1 cup Sultanas or any dried fruit
- 35g Butter