Rocky road cake recipes
Our top 3 of 10 Rocky road cake recipes
Macadamia Rocky Road
by Jane LViewed 1662 times
- Toss together the macadamias, marshmallows, cherries and coconut and scatter over the base of a lined cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan or in a microwave and pour evenly over the top, smoothing the top.
- Refrigerate until set, then cut into pieces with a hot sharp knife. Store in a sealed container in a cool place or the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 90g (3oz) raw macadamia wholes and halves
- 200g (7oz) marshmallows
- 75g (2.5oz) glacÃ© cherries. chopped
- 30g (1oz) desiccated coconut (optional)
- 500g (18oz) chocolate
Chunky Chewy Rocky Road
by madge101Viewed 2362 times
- Melt together the chocolate, butter and syrup.
- Put the cookies in a food bag and bash into a mix of crumbs and larger pieces.
- When the chocolate mixture has melted, mix all ingredients together, holding back about 1/5th of the melted chocolate.
- Pack the mixture into a tray, pressing quite firmly, then smooth over the remaining melted chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Dust with icing sugar, cut into squares and serve.
- Easy but gooooood!!!!
- DARK CHOCOLATE 300G
- 125g Butter
- 3-4tbs golden syrup
- 200g chocolate cookies
- 100g Marshmallows
- 75g sultanas
Rocky Road Cake
by MommaVicViewed 3005 times
- 1) Pre-heat the oven to 180/350/gas 4, grease and line 2 20cm tins and set aside.
- 2) Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until creamed without splitting, then add the butter milk and vanilla.
- 3) Stir the dry mix into the wet mix until just combined and divide into the two tins. Level off and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 4) Put the chocolate caramels, milk and 35g of marshmallows in a pan, and heat gently until melted.
- 5) When the cakes are cool and turned out of the tins, make small slits on the top layer, and pour half the chocolate caramel mix over each cake. Sprinkle over half the nuts and sweets on each.
- 6) Place the cakes together and put the remaining marshmallows on the top.
I used Revels, buttons and curly whirly for this cake as they are my fave's, but you can use any sweets you wish, and make it fun. The buttermilk really makes the sponge light and fluffy, a great companion to the chocolate topping etc
- CAKE MIX
- 225g self raising flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanila extract
- FILLING & TOPPING
- 35 approx chocolate covered caramels
- 3 tbsp milk
- 125g mini marshmallows
- 100g revels or other choc sweets
Snickers Rocky Road Delight
by CupcakeCrazyGemViewed 2128 times
- 1. Melt 400g Dairy Milk chocolate with the vegetable oil in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- 2. Set aside to cool
- 3. Chop the marshmallows and snickers bars into chunks
- 4. Add these with the cup of rice krispies to the chocolate mixture and stir well.
- 5. Put in a silicone pan or a pre-greased pan.
- 6. Refrigerate for an hour or until chocolate is hard.
- 7. Cut into squares
- 8. Drizzle the top with white chocolate for decoration
- SNICKERS ROCKY ROAD
- 400g Dairy Milk Chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 150g Chopped Marshmallows
- 4 x 60g Snickers Bars
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ bar (50g) Tesco Finest Swiss White Chocolate