Salmon fishcake recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Salmon fishcake recipes
- 418g can wild red salmon, drained
- 300g can marrow fat processed peas, drained
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- Breadcrumbs for coating
- Oil for frying
- Green salad
- Tartare sauce
- 1. Boil the potatoes until soft, drain very well, mash and season well with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place the salmon in a large bowl, remove any large bones and skin.
- 3. Add the marrow fat peas and mashed potato and mix together well.
- 4. Divide into 8 portions, and shape into a fishcake shape, place on a baking sheet, cover and chill.
- 5. Brush the fishcake with egg and coat well with breadcrumbs.
- 6. Shallow fry the fishcakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 7. Delicious served with a green salad and tartar sauce.
- 100g Leftover mashed potato
- 100g Leftover salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp. Cream
- 1 clove Garlic-crushed
- 30g Cheese crumbled
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- 20g Plain flour
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 20g Breadcrumbs
- for frying Olive oil
- 1. Mix together the potato, salmon, spring onions and cheese. Season to taste.
- 2. Form into 2 cakes and then roll in the flour, egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- 3. Deep fry in some hot oil for a minutes until a light golden then place in a hot oven 180° for couple of minutes.
- 4. Serve with salad.
- 200g cooked salmon
- 200g cooked cold new potatoes
- 1 tbsp flour (for coating)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- for coating bredcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1. Mash the salmon and potatoes together with the flour and salt.
- 2. Add half the egg mixture and beat well.
- 3.Shape the mixture into small patties and set them aside.
- 4.Coat each cake in flour, then the egg. Finally coat the cakes with the breadcrumbs.
- 5.Chill the cakes for at least 1 hour.
- 6.Heat a wide-bottomed frying pan with the butter and oil.
- 7.Brown each cake on both sides, then finish them under a hot grill for about 10 minutes.