Salmon pasta recipes
Our top 3 of 17 Salmon pasta recipes
- Birds Eye Peas and Salmon Balls Cream Cheese Pasta
- Salmon Pasta Salad
- Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon, Peas and Capers
- Recent recipes
- View all 17 variations
Birds Eye Peas and Salmon Balls Cream Cheese Pasta
Views 479, Added Mon Oct 31 2011
- 250g pasta
- 300g salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Chopped Basil Leaves
- For Cream cheese sauce
- 100g cream cheese
- 100ml milk
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup Birds Eye Peas
- 1. Place the salmon, breadcrumbs, garlic, basil, a tablespoon of olive oil, egg, salt and pepper in a food processor. Turn the processor on to pulsate for 5 seconds till the salmon mixture is well chopped up.
- 2. Divide the salmon mixture into 16 –20 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- 3. Heat the rest of olive oil in a pan. Fry the salmon balls gently for 2-3 minutes without browning.
- 4. Add in the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the cream cheese, peas and carrot. Simmer for a further 5 minutes till the cream cheese is melted and the salmon balls are cooked through. Season to taste.
- 5. Boil the pasta in water according to the instruction on the packet. When cooked, drain off the water.
- Divide the cooked pasta onto 4 warm plates. Spoon over the salmon balls and cream cheese sauce.
- 6.Sprinkle with grated cheese. Garnish with a sprig of basil. Enjoy with the family.
I often use tinned salmon with dill for this and it really enhances the flavour.
- PASTA SHAPES
- 250g Pasta (fusilli or Penne is best)
- 1 tin Salmon Fillet skinned
- 3tbs Greek Yogurt
- To taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Few stems Chives
- 1) Boil your pasta as per pack instructions and when cooked, drain and set aside.
- 2) Break up your tinned salmon fillet and mix with your yoghurt and seasoning - snip your chives into roughly 2 cm pieces and add to fish mix.
- 3) Add pasta and mix well until everything is coated.
- Delicious hot or cold as a packed lunch.
Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon, Peas and Capers
Views 855, Added Tue May 10 2011
This was a bit of an experiment. You can probably see that from the photo! It's loosely based on a Jamie Oliver recipe, but I added capers and used different herbs. The photo doesn't do the recipe justice. We enjoyed the meal, and will make it again.
- 200 g spaghetti
- 180g hot smoked salmon
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup cream or creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- Cook spaghetti, as directed.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil, on low heat, and melt garlic and lemon zest. Add capers, salmon (flaked). Heat through with cream. About 3 minutes before pasta is cooked, add peas.
- Combine sauce and pasta with chopped parsley. Enjoy.