Salmon recipes recipes
Our top 3 of 64 Salmon recipes recipes
by ScrumptiousViewed 2884 times
- Mix together all the ingredients and pour over salmon which has been placed in a shallow dish.
- Marinade for 24 hours, turning regularly.
- Cook on 180 C for 40 minutes or barbeque.
This dish can be served hot or made in advance and served cold.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- MARINATED SALMON
- 1 Whole fileted salmon
- ½ cup soya sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3tbs vegetable oil
- 3 spring onions (green only)
- 3 tbs sesame seeds
- 2tbs sugar
Seared Honey Glazed Salmon
by Jail Bird!Viewed 1447 times
- • Place the lime juice, zest, finely chopped ginger, garlic and chilli in a bowl and add the salmon and allow to marinate for 20mins
- • Preheat a griddle or frying pan to hot and add a tsp of vegetable oil, add the Salmon fillets and fry for about 2 minutes each side to seal. Pour in the Honey Barbecue sauce
- • Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, then turn over to cook the other side for about 5 mins until the salmon becomes opaque in the centre, but not over cooked and the marinade sauce thickens
- • Serve with vegetable rice and a crisp salad
Be careful not to overcook the salmon, it makes it tough and nasty, best to be just undercooked and juicy.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 Salmon Fillet skinned
- 6 tbsp Honey bbq sauce
- 1 Lime. zest and juice
- 1 Small fresh red chilli. finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves. finely chopped
- 1 Small chunk fresh ginger. finely chopped
by Denise PhillipsViewed 3957 times
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas mark 6.
- 2. Put the potatoes into a pan of cold salted water, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain
- 3. Put the potatoes, thyme, garlic and 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large oven proof dish. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile sear the salmon. Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Add the fish to the potatoes. Pour over the zest and the lemon juice. Scatter over the capers and cherry tomatoes, pour over the wine or vegetable stock.
- 6. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the potatoes are soft.
- To serve the stylish way: Serve on warmed plates with sprigs of fresh thyme.
The addition of capers can be substituted for olives to satisfy any fussy family members. Just add a crisp green salad is all that is needed to complete this delicious salmon meal.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 750g new potatoes thickly sliced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- Large bunch fresh thyme sprigs or lemon thyme if available
- 1 Juice and zest of lemon
- 1 lemon sliced
- 3 tbsp. capers rinsed use olives during Passover if capers are not available
- 400g cherry tomatoes cut in ½
- 200 ml dry white wine or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fillets of salmon 150g each
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- garnish Sprigs of fresh thyme
Salmon Fillet Wrapped in Prosciutto with Herby Lentils, Spinach and Yoghurt
by mc78Viewed 113 times
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the lentils into a pan, cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer until tender. Season the salmon fillets with a little pepper before wrapping them in the prosciutto slices. Leave some of the flesh exposed. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for around 10 minutes until the prosciutto is golden. Feel free to cook the salmon for less time if pinker is to your liking. Drain away most of the water from the lentils and season carefully with salt, pepper, the lemon juice and olive oil. Just before serving, stir the herbs and spinach into the lentils on a high heat, until wilted. Place on plates with the salmon and finish with a drizzle of lightly seasoned yoghurt.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 9 oz lentils
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned
- 8 slices prosciutt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- handful basil
- handful Flat Leaf Parsley
- 3 large handfuls Spinach leaves. chopped
- 7 oz plain yoghurt