Our top 3 of 18 Salsa recipes
Ancho Tomato Salsa
by MailOnlineViewed 118 times
- Remove the stem, deseed and halve 1 ancho chilli. Soak in boiling water for 10 minutes, then finely chop.
- Meanwhile, grill 1 red and 1 yellow pepper until blistered and blackened, then cool, deseed and chop.
- Halve, deseed and roughly chop 6 ripe plum (save the juice and pips for your carnitas) tomatoes and mix with the peppers, 1 chopped small red onion, 1tbsp olive oil and a crushed clove of garlic.
- Stir in the chopped chilli and a bunch of torn coriander. Season well.
- 1 ancho chilli
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- bunch torn coriander leaves
by quiet poet headViewed 1988 times
- Dice the green pepper, red onion, tomato (not the seeds, just the flesh) and cucumber (not the seeded, mushy part) into small dice (approx ½ - ¾ cm ).
- Finley chop and add the coriander.
- Mix your chopped ingredients along with the coriander, pinch of salt and pepper, fish sauce, enough sweet chilli sauce to coat everything and just a few drips of olive oil.
- Stir all and taste to see if it needs anything extra.
Tip 1: Quantities may vary depending on how many need feeding. Tip 2: Fish sauce is only a quarter teaspoon so if you don't have it or have no further use for fish sauce then don't worry about it, just leave it out. Tip 3: If the season makes the veg a little bitter just add some sugar. Tip4: This is the basic recipe and various items can be added for example – mayonnaise and chopped cooked chicken breast. All of this mixed together you wil find that the dish becomes very "…Barbara don't you have an allergy to fish sauce, you better pass that over my way…") or maybe some diced mango or diced avocado...
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Coriander (fresh)
- To taste Sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ tsp Fish sauce
- 1 Garlic pepper
- 1 Salt
- 1 tsp Olive oil
by shadyladyViewed 628 times
- This is such a versatile recipe! Add a little more Jalapeno or a sweet pepper or anything you fancy. To peel your tomatoes, just cut a small slit in the bottom and submerge in boiling water for about a minute- peel right off!
- 1. In a saucepan, fry the shallot and garlic clove.
- 2. Add the chopped tomatoes, jalapeno and tomato puree and stir until thick.
- 3. Add chilli powder, vinegar and lime juice. Continuing to stir.
- 4. Finally add the Corriander and simmer for 1 minute.
- Eat hot or cold!
- 3 large (5 small) Tomatoes. chopped
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree (Paste)
- 1 Jalapeno (finely chopped. with seeds)
- 1 Shallots Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Corriander - chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- ½ tsp Ground Chilli Powder
- 1 garlic cloves. crushed
by sandhirarecipesViewed 1 times
- How to make Mango Salsa
- Step 1: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Step 2: Toss well and refrigerate for some 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle well.
- 1 2 fresh, large, ripe yet firm sweet mangoes, diced into small pieces
- 2 ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 3 ¼ red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 ¼ green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 5 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded(optional) and minced
- 6 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 7 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- 8 1 shallot (little red onion), finely diced
- 9 2 tablespoons chopped fresh corriander leaves
- 10 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 11 ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 13 Few mint leaves (optional)