Savoury rice recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Savoury rice recipes
- 225g long grain rice
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Rashers streaky bacon. cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper deseeded and diced
- 85g button mushrooms. sliced
- 85g frozen peas defrosted
- 85g frozen sweetcorn defrosted
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1.Place the rice in the saucepan and add the stock. Bring to the boil and stir. Cover and cook over a low heat for 11-12 mintues.
- 2.While the rice is cooking heat the oil in the frying pan. Fry the bacon and onion until the bacon is cooked and the onion soft.
- 3.Add the red pepper and mushrooms and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 4.Add the peas and the sweetcorn and heat thorugh.
- 5.When the rice is cooked remove pan from the heat. Gently fork through the rice to spearate the grains.
- 6.Turn the rice into a heated serving dish and add the contents of the frying pan. Mix togther gently. Sprinkle with the parsely.
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 chopped mushrooms
- ½ red pepper
- 150g long grain rice
- 1 tbs oil
- 550ml boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 tbs curry powder
- Peel and chop the onion. Slice the mushrooms. Deseed and dice the red pepper. Fry the onion in oil until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock powder with the water.
- Add the stock, peas and curry powder to the rice mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 onion
- 1tbsp. oil
- 1 large tin tomatoes
- to taste seasoning
- 2 cups long grain rice
- ? herbs (improve the flavour)
- to taste mushrooms
- 1 sliced pepper
- Fry chopped onion in oil. Add bacon, cut into small pieces and fry until light brown. Add mushroom if required. Add tomatoes seasoning, pepper and simmer for about 1/2 hour. Cook rice separately. Strain and wash with boiling water. Add rice to bacon and tomato and cook for further 5 minutes.