Savoury scones recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Savoury scones recipes
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 280 grams flour
- 72 grams dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 120 grams unsalted butter. cut into pieces
- 50 grams raisins
- 30 grams chopped pecans
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1. Preheat oven 200C and place rack in middle of oven.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend butter into the flour mixture.
- 3. Stir in the raisins and pecans.
- 4. In a separate bowl mix together the pumpkin puree and vanilla and then add the mixture to the flour mixture. Mix just until the dough comes together.
- 5. Transfer to a floured surface and knead dough gently four or five times and then pat the dough into a circle (18 cm) round.
- 6. Cut this circle in half, then cut each half into 3 triangles. Place the scones on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with the egg and milk mixture.
- 7. Bake for about 20 minutes.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 225g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 50g Butter
- 100g Grated cheese
- 150ml milk
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 rounded tsp marmite
- 1. Sift together the flour & baking powder, rub in the butter with your fingertips until you're left with something that looks like fine breadcrumbs, then stir in half the grated cheese
- 2. Put the milk into a jug, add a dash of Worcester Sauce & a spoonful of Marmite. You'll need to give it a good stir, but it dissolves into the milk eventually!
- 3. Add the milk to the dry ingredients a little at a time & stir well until you get a squidgy dough
- 4. Roll out the dough to about 1.5-2cm thick, then use a round cutter about 5cm across to cut out the scones. Place the disks onto a greased baking tray, brush the top with a little milk, then sprinkle over the rest of the cheese
- 5. Bake in the oven at 200c/GM6 for about 10 minutes until the cheese on the top just starts to brown. Lift onto a rack to cool.
- SELF RAISING FLOUR 225G
- Garlic powder 1/2tsp
- Ceyenne pepper (ground) 1/2tsp
- Salt 1/2tsp
- Mature cheese 60g
- Butter 50g
- Milk 150ml
- Put the flour, garlic powder, ceyenne pepper, salt and butter in a ,ixing bowl and mix until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the cheese and milk and mix till it is a firm dough.
- Using a biscuit cutter cut out 7-8 shapes and place on baking parchment in the middle of a hot oven(230degrees celcius).
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle a little grated cheese over them.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.