Scrambled eggs recipes
Our top 3 of 15 Scrambled eggs recipes
- Best Scrambled Eggs Ever
- Creamy Scrambled Egg & Garlic Mushrooms
- Delicious Scrambled Eggs
- Most recent
- View all 15 variations
Best Scrambled Eggs Ever
by Jon PortisheadViewed 1513 times
- Get best eggs you can afford - local, free range/organic.
- Whisk eggs with a good pinch of salt. Leave to stand for 10 mins (make coffee or something) to allow the salt to slightly 'burn' the eggs. This will darken them slightly.
- Gentle melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan - not a sauspan. Whisk in cream. Pour mixture into pan and leave for 30 secs. Now scrap the bottom of the frying pan with a broad flat spatula. Continue to do this forming ripples of lightly cooked egg. Take of the heat when 90% cooked - should just be runny in a few places. Mix once and serve.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp double cream
- pinch salt
- nob butter
Creamy Scrambled Egg & Garlic Mushrooms
by jisiViewed 1623 times
- I always make my scrambled egg in the microwave. It's quick and the bowl cleans beautifully - forget the horrible pan!
- Place the eggs in a microwave-safe bowl. Whisk in the mayonnaise. Season. Set aside.
- In a frying pan place a little oil and the garlic butter*. Add the mushrooms and a little lemon juice. This brings out the flavour of the mushrooms. Saute until soft and just going brown. Drain and set aside, but keep warm.
- If you can ignore the waistline place the bread in the oil/butter and fry until golden on both sides ... or make some toast.
- Whilst this is cooking cook he eggs on high for 30 secs. Whisk again and put back in microwave. Set for another 15 secs on high. Whisk and should now come together as a creamy mixture. If still runny try another 10 secs. Should not take more than this.
- Pile the egg on the fried bread/toast and top with the mushrooms. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if using.
- Serve immediately.
* Please see 'Handy Garlic Butter & Friends'
- 2 medium Eggs beaten
- Good dollop Mayonnaise (not low fat)
- 6 medium button mushrooms. sliced
- Garlic butter*
- 2 slices bread (white.brown.wholemeal)
- Little oil to saute
- to season salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Little lemon juice
- Little Parsley. Chopped
Delicious Scrambled Eggs
by RebekaViewed 910 times
- 1) To prepare your vegetables, wash them and then slice the mushroom according to personal preference. I slice quite thick. Cut a quarter of an onion (both regular and red taste great - red for a slightly sweeter taste) and dice or chop roughly, again to personal taste.
- 2) Break the two eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork until they're a pale yellow and slightly frothy. Season if you want to.
- 3) Melt a small amount of butter in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Butter can easily be substituted for margerine/oil, or you can dry-fry. I use Clover margerine because it's my preferred taste.
- 4)When the butter is heated, add the onions and mushroom to the pan and fry until the onions are soft and the mushrooms reduce in size.
- 5) Pour in your egg mixture and stir continuously until the egg is set.
- 6) If you're adding cheese, turn off the heat and sprinkle the cheese on top when the egg is still in the pan to ensure that it melts.
- If you'll serve this with rice, it can taste very nice if you cook some peas and then fry them in with the egg. Add soysauce and the rice to the pan and heat to make an easy egg fried rice. :)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Portobello Mushroom (Or other large mushroom)
- ¼ Onion (Regular or red)
- Grated Cheese (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- Butter (To fry)
Scrambled Eggs and Smoked Salmon
by thefitnessboutiqueViewed 138 times
- Whisk the eggs and black pepper. Add the milk and coconut oil in a pan, and heat over a medium heat until the oil has melted making sure the milk doesn't boil. Turn down the heat to low-medium. Add the eggs to the oil and stir until the clear egg white is white, and the mixture is soft and yielding.
- Stir in slices of smoked salmon and serve on a generous bed of baby spinach and watercress with a large sliced tomato.
The eggs are at their best when they glisten and appear creamy.
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 1teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 2oz smoked salmon
- Large serving baby spinach leaves
- Large serving watercress
- 1 Tomato