Our top 3 of 46 Shortbread recipes
- 125/4oz Butter
- 55g/2oz Caster sugar
- 180g/6oz Plain flour
- 1. Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- 2. Beat the butter and the sugar together until pale.
- 3. Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. 4. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- 5. Cut into rounds or fingers and sprinkle with a little extra caster sugar. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 20 minutes.
- 6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4 oz Flour
- 2oz butter or margarine
- 2 oz sugar
- As Many As You Want Of Sweets ECT.
- 1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (190c).
- 2. Cream the butter and the flour together.
- 3. Add the Sugar to the mixture and cream.
- 4. Roll out the mixture and place it on to a tray cut it up if you would like to.
- 5. Place in the oven for around 10 minutes.
- 6. Place on a cooling tray and add any sweets if you would like to.
- 7. Place in a container or a plastic food bag.
- 8. enjoy as they taste great!
- 250g butter softened
- 87 g caster sugar
- 275 g plain flour
- 25 g semolina
- caster sugar for sprinkling over top
- Pre heat oven to 160 oC.
- Grease and flour large baking tray.
- Beat butter and sugar together.
- Beat in flour and semolina, spoonful at a time, when the dough becomes to thick to stir knead the rest of the flour in with your hands.
- Roll out dough till about 1 cm thick and using a 7 or 8 cm cutter, cut into rounds. Place on baking tray and prick each biscuit about 3 or 4 time using a fork.
- Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes, don't let them brown.
- Take out oven and put on wire rack, sprinkle with caster sugar over the top and leave to cool.
- Store in air tight container.