Simple biscuit recipes
Our top 3 of 12 Simple biscuit recipes
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 60g butter
- 1 cup milk
- In your favourite mixing bowl mix together all the ingredients.Sift 1 and a half cups of flour then you add 2 cups icing sugar.Mix in 60g butter and a cup full of milk.Mix in the egg and then with your hands mix everything together and then roll into little balls and place on a greased baking tray.With a fork press each ball flat and then place in the oven at 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- 6 oz unsalted butter
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
- 8 oz flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1. Cream the butter, castor sugar and lemon grind together until fluffy.
- 2. Gradually sift in the flour and salt, beating until a stiff dough is formed.
- 3. Roll into two long sausages shapes.
- 4. Wrap in foil or greaseproof paper and put in fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- 5. Cut each sausage into slices, about 2 inches in diameter.
- 6. Dip the slices into the sugar and place on well-greased baking sheets.
- 7. Place in oven pre-heated to moderate and bake for15-20 mins., or until lightly browned.
- 250g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 300g plain flour
- Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl,
- (I have found it is easier to mix by hand)
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract,
- Finally add flour.
- Need until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Cover surface and rolling pin in thin layer of flour to stop it sticking.
- Roll mixture out until approx 5mm think,
- Cut out biscuites in desired shape
- (x-mas trees, stars, spiders, flowers, hearts etc)
- cook for 15-20 mins until golden brown
- decorate as u wish!