Spaghetti bolognese recipes
Our top 3 of 19 Spaghetti bolognese recipes
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Corned Beef Spaghetti Bolognese
- Recent recipes
- View all 19 variations
Try adding 25 g (1 oz) dried porcini, soaked for 10 minutes in 2 tablespoons of warm water, to the bolognese sauce in step 4, if you wish.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion. finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves. chopped
- 1 Carrot. scraped chopped
- 1 stick Celery. chopped
- 50g Pancetta or Streaky Bacon. chopped
- 350g Lean Minced Beef
- 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 125ml Red Wine
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree (Paste)
- Salt Pepper
- 350g Spaghetti
- 1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet).
- Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add the garlic, carrot, celery and pancetta or bacon and saute for 3-4 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
- 3. Add the beef and cook over a high heat for another 3 minutes or until all of the meat is brown.
- 4. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano and red wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- 5. Stir in the tomato puree (paste) and season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water for 8 - 10 minutes until tender, but still has 'bite'. Drain thoroughly.
- 7. Transfer the spaghetti to a serving plate and pour over the bolognese sauce. Toss to mix well and serve hot.
I find 'al dente'pasts better i.e. it should have a slight bite - about 8-10 minutes to cook.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 large onion diced
- 100g pancetta cubed
- 2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano chopped
- 450g minced beef
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml beef stock
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 175 ml red wine
- pinch sugar
- 3 tbs basil
- 4 tbsp parmesan shavings
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 450g dried spaghetti
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- drizzle olive oil
- FOR THE BOLOGNESE
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2. Add the onions and bacon, and soften, without browning for 5 mins stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in the garlic and oregano and continue cooking for a further minute. Tip in the beef and fry until the meat juices have almost dried up.
- 4. Add the tomatoes and their juice, the stock vinegar, wine and sugar.
- 5. Bring to a simmer and cook until most of the liquid has cooked down - about 20 minutes.
- 6. Stir in the basil leaves.
- FOR THE SPAGHETTI
- 7. Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, and add the spaghetti.
- 8. Cook until 'al dente' - it should have a slight bite - about 8-10 minutes.
- 9. Drain the spaghetti in a colander and return to the pan.
- 10. Drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 11. Divide the spaghetti between 4 plates and top with the mince.
- 12. Scatter with Parmesan shavings before serving.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 1 tin corned beef
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbls tomato pure
- pinch pepper
- pinch sugar (if required)
- Cut the corned beef in to cubes and warm in the pan with the chopped tomatoes. Heat the mixture until it boils and the corned beef has broken down. Add and stir in the tomato purée. Sometimes sugar is necessary depending on the tin of tomatoes used. Season with a pinch of pepper
- Cook the pasta and serve with the bolognese sauce.
- Thats it!