Spaghetti carbonara recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Spaghetti carbonara recipes
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Carbonara Sauce (Slimming World Recipe)
- Recent recipes
- View all 7 variations
- ½ onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 90g streaky bacon
- 250g spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 30g grated parmesan
- generous pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- olive oil
- Put the kettle on to boil for the pasta. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and set aside. Chop bacon and fry in olive oil in a large frying pan or pot (it will need to be big enough to mix the pasta and the sauce together before serving).
- Get a pan of boiling water, add plenty of salt and a glug of olive oil and keep it simmering. When the bacon just starts to turn crispy, add spaghetti to the boiling water. When the bacon is nice and crispy, add the onion and garlic to the pan along with a knob of butter. Turn the heat down and leave to cook gently. Now make your sauce: in a jug, whisk the eggs, cream, Parmesan and black pepper. When the pasta is Al Dente, drain it, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the bacon and briefly stir (this helps to cool everything slightly to avoid scrambling the eggs). Now pour in all of the egg-cream mixture and mix everything together thoroughly. The residual heat from the pasta and bacon will gently cook the eggs and melt the cheese, resulting in an amazingly rich creamy sauce. Add some of the pasta cooking water to achieve a more fluid consistency. Keep stirring until the sauce is silky and smooth, then serve and eat immediately.
Serve with a french baguette and salad.and a glass of white Italian wine.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- 2oz per person Spagetti or any other Pasta
- 6 pieces Bacon Rashers. Chopped
- 2 table spoons Olive Oli
- 2 garlic clove
- 5 Eggs
- 5 Eggs - beaten
- 140ml double cream
- Parmesan (optional)
- Boil spaghetti in boiling water with salt and a drizzle of oil for 20 mins or until aldente.15 minutes later fry the bacon in olive oil and crush the garlic into the pan, cook until bacon is nice and crisp.Take the pan off the heat and hopefully by this time the pasta should be ready.Drain the pasta in a colander.Then place the drained pasta back in the pan and add the bacon with all the extra juices.Stir in well.Then pour in the beaten eggs and stir in well, try to avoid placing the pan back on the heat because the egg starts to scrambble.Then pour in cream.Add a drizzle of olive oil (optional) and parmasan cheese (optional)and place in a preheated serving bowl.Enjoy!!
Instead of the bacon you can use Peas, green beans and asparagus to make it a primavera sauce. Also try it with smoked salmon and Peas. Very versatile sauce and delicious.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 small onion. finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock (Vecon or Bouillon)
- 57 g very lean Bacon
- 1 tbsp Quark or fat free fromage frais
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.Place in a non-stick saucepan the onion with the garlic and stock. Gently cook for 4-5 min., stirring frequently. Remove all visible fat from the bacon (or buy the medallions), cut into strips, add to the pan and cook on high until the bacon has cooked through.
- 2. In a small bowl whisk the fromage frais, eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley and seasoning.
- 3. Cook the pasta of your choice, drain and return to the sauce pan on a very low heat. Add the bacon mixture and then the egg mixture. Stir and cook for a further 3 minutes.