Spare ribs recipes
Our top 3 of 10 Spare ribs recipes
- Burmese Pork Spare Ribs
- Chang Steamed Spare Ribs
- Chinese Spare Ribs
- Recent recipes
- View all 10 variations
- 2 packs Pork spare ribs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- large chunk Fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Liberal grindings Sea salt and black pepper
- 5 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 generous portions Brown rice
- 1 large Finely chopped onion
- 5-6 Open mushrooms
- 2 free range eggs
- Handful frozen peas
- Make 3/4 pint vegetable stock and add oil, honey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and seasoning.
- Marinade ribs in this mixture for at least a few hours for best results
- Transfer ribs to an ovenproof tray and pour over marinade
- Cook at 180 degrees F for 1 hr and 15 mins
- Remove ribs once sauce has reduced and transfer to foil. Keep remaining sauce warm in a jug
- Stir fry onions, peas and mushrooms then add cooked boiled rice for a few minutes until heated through. Finally break eggs and stir through until set
- Serve ribs on top of rice and pour over remaining sauce
- Serve with a dish for finished bones and napkins to cope with the stickiness
- Encourage use of fingers and enjoy
- 1 rack of pork belly ribs
- 1ltr Chang Beer
- 2 strips of casia bark or cinnamon stalk
- 1 star anise and 6 cloves
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 100g raw peeled peanuts
- CHILLI GLAZE:
- 2 tbsp. coriander stalks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chillies
- 150ml sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- Cook pork ribs on a rack over the beer and spices for 3 hours in a steamer. Allow to cool before portioning into individual ribs.
- Place peeled raw peanuts in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Drain, dry and cool.
- Roast the peanuts in a low oven at 110 degrees, for around 20-30 minutes until light golden brown
- Crush the peanuts in a clean tea towel using a rolling pin.
- For the chilli glaze, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Fry the ribs until soft lightly caramelised. Brush on the sticky chilli glaze.
- Finally roll in crushed, roasted peanuts. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- 1kg/2lb spare ribs
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp sherry
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1tsp sugar
- 2tbsp stock
- 1. make the marinade by blending all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2. put the spare ribs in a non metallic dish & pour over the marinade, turning the ribs to coat. leave for at least 3hrs at room temperature or 5hrs in the refridgerator, turning & basting from time to time.
- 3. transfer the spare ribs to a roasting tin, pour over the remaining marinade & roast in a preheated oven, 190c/gas 5, for 30-45mins. increase the oven temp to 230c/gas 8, & roast for a further 15mins (or grill for 10-15mins)