Spicy burger recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Spicy burger recipes
- Asian Burger and Sweet Potato Fries
- Chilli Beef Burgers
- Chilli Burger
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
- 4.5 oz (135 g) ground beef
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- ½ mango
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp lemongrass, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 eggplant
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 sweet potatoes
- paprika powder
- sunflower oil
- fish sauce
- Chop the eggplant into 1/2 inch thick slices. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Mix the beef, the lemongrass, the ginger, the shallot, 1 tsp chopped chilli, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp lime zest, 1 tbsp mint and 1 tbsp coriander.
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
- Cover and let the beef rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. Peel and chop the mango.
- Heat some sunflower oil and cook the capsicum, the garlic and the rest of the chilli. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the mango and the tomato paste and allow it to thicken into a sauce.
- Season with fish sauce and lime juice.
- Stir in the rest of the chopped mint and coriander.
- Turn off the heat and let the sauce rest until needed.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in long strips. Drizzle with some sunflower oil and season with paprika powder and salt.
- Fry the sweet potato until tender.
- Rinse the eggplant and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Take the beef out of the fridge and form 2 hamburgers. Brown them on both sides for 5 minutes.
- Grill the eggplant.
- Toast the hamburger buns.
- Layer the buns with the mango sauce, the hamburger and the grilled eggplant.
- 1 small onion. diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 350g Lean Minced Beef
- 1 pickled gerkin. chopped finely
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1. Preheat the grill. Place the onion in a small pan with 2 tablespoons of water and the worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook gently for 2-3 minutes until softened. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Add the minced beef, gherkin, chilli flakes and egg. Mix well.
- 3. Divide the mixture into four even shaped burgers and grill under a medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- You can also make lamb burgers with mint instead of chilli or turkey mince with wholegrain mustard for a variation.
- 250g minced beef
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 egg
- bread crumbs
- mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp salt/pepper
- 4 birds eye chilli chopped(seeds in)
- Add all ingrediants into a bowl and mix in well together.
- Take a portion (how ever big or small) and shape into a normal burger type shape. Continue into all ingrediants used, you should get approx 5-6 burgers.
- You can then either fry or put in oven. I prefer to put in oven as its less mess and they wont burn. Simply pre-heat oven to 200, drizzle over with olive oil and leave for 20-25 mins turning once.